Iron Man movie teaser poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
CCIronManPoster.jpg

I got one too, I have high hopes for this one. Hopefully movies will be done even better under this new Marvel Studios banner.

I have a really good feeling about this...especially since John Favreau is directing.

Batty said:
I have a really good feeling about this...especially since John Favreau is directing.
Same here.

I can't wait to see my favorite armor clad alcoholic on the big screen.

Looks good, can't wait for the actual teaser/trailer for this, 2008, ahh, toooo long.............

pitchin said:
Who's playing Tony Stark?
this is from Cinescape

Scooper Shan wrote me today from the Comic Con with a scoop regarding the possibility of Tom Cruise still being involved in IRON MAN.

Shan wrote:Hey Guys,
I was at Comic Con on Saturday for the MARVEL Panel. I might even have a scoop for you that WASN'T announced from anyone on the panel. I sat a row behind two of the guys from Paramount - I knew they were from Paramount because they had call sheets, or itineraries of the panel, with Paramount logos all over them and kept mentioning 'the time''.
There was a woman too - and they were talking amongst themselves once the IRON MAN stuff got underway. All I heard was this "I believe Tom Cruise has got it in the bag, yeah". That's what one of them said to the other. I swear. I remember Cruise rumors a few years back about this, but didn't know he still in the mix? I don't know how much these people would know, but I think it's still very interesting nonetheless.
Shan.

Well there you have it! Could Cruise still be involved? If it means anything, Shan is a constant scooper for Cinescape, and not just a random bird flying around my apartment!
Favreau has said that he is looking for a relative unknown for the part, but time will tell. Thanks Shan for the heads up!

I would say that unless a high profile actor came along and demanded this role, it is gonna go to a no-namer or a c-list maybe b-list actor. They are going to want to go the way of Spider-Man and Wolverine. (Who really knew who Tobey and Hugh were and did Halle really do that great of a job in the first two movies? Oscar winner, not giving an oscar winning performance and demanding bigger roles in the franchise. That is another story though) We have seen what a popular(note i said popular instead of good actor) actor can do to a film......i.e. Daredevil. (Although I liked Daredevil and the flaws that I saw were in the story). Anyways, the main emphasis is gonna be on the suit. Although we need to love the guy in the suit in order to care about him, there are plenty of guys out there that can do this. It just really stinks that Timothy Dalton is so old now. Back in the '80's he at least looked the part.

I've read the Ultimates (sorry my only exposure to Ironman, although just that little exposure makes me see he's really awesome!) but in those versions everytime I see Tony Stark he looks like the fellow who played Bail Organa in the movies.

Iron Man Villain:

Jon Favreau said his Iron Man will do battle with The Mandarin,

any one got pics on The Mandarin? :confused:

Never thought about him, but he does have a younger look. It might work, but I think Tony Stark needs to have a thinner lok to him than Bean. Can you picture Bean with black hair and a thin mustache? Possibly.................

After he played Boromir, I kinda like him................maybe it would work. He has that ability to be snooty and arrogant.............National Treasure.................

Back