If Jabba's throne had steps, THEN it would be worth $200

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Check out this custom!

003.JPG

https://www.skullcustoms.cl/Galeria/Galeria.Asp?Puntero=5&Id=83

These steps were in the movie, correct? This would allow even more figures to have dynamic poses around Jabba. Sideshow, the throne is already very large, why not make it even more accurate?

I agree JL, have been thinking about that because the throne sits so high and the 12" characters look detached from it, not part of it but I don't know if there were steps in the film throne.

this thing is like polystone or something and it is more than six months from being produced so why not recast part of it if it can be corrected...

for 200, I would kind of expect it because this was the prototype, not the final version so it is VERY important to chime in now so SSC can fix it.

Bleh. You could keep extending and extending this thing and call it more accurate. But it would become so large that suddenly the major focus is no longer Jabba, which is where the focus should be.

I say the design is perfect as it is. It's accurate enough to look like a superbly made film collectible, and yet the design reminds me instantly of the old Kenner playset, which I love dearly and still have.)

It's so easy to make your own steps out of foam or polystyrene, I see no reason for a major design change. I want what I've seen and ordered, not someone's wacked out idea of "improved." More is not always better.

Besides, those steps aren't on the sail barge or in the "I know that laugh" scene, so adding them would limit your options with regards to setting.

I plan on making some kind of small platform (maybe with steps) on the right for Bib to stand on for when he's leaning in talking to Jabba. Should be easy enough.

I say the design is perfect as it is. It's accurate enough to look like a superbly made film collectible, and yet the design reminds me instantly of the old Kenner playset, which I love dearly and still have.)

I showed my girlfriend th picturs of Jabba here on the forum (that way she didn't see the price!) and then showed her the pics of the original Kenner playset as a comparison. I told her that I remembered the Kenner playset nostalgically looking as cool as the Sideshow one actually does. Jabba's Palace was a favorite of mine when setting up all the old Kenner toys!

I like the idea of creating a booster seat for Bib and the eventual Threepio though, so they can be just over Jabba's shoulder!

I wonder how many 12" figs can be posed on the SSC throne as is without cluttering it up, two or three?

pjam said:
I wonder how many 12" figs can be posed on the throne as is without cluttering it up, two or three?

I'd say at least Bib, 3PO and Slave Leia. Maybe Fett also, but I think it'd begin to look cluttered at that point.

Entropy Chicken said:
I'd say at least Bib, 3PO and Slave Leia. Maybe Fett also, but I think it'd begin to look cluttered at that point.

Thanks. :D That's good then! I'll be fine with it...

pjam said:
I wonder how many 12" figs can be posed on the SSC throne as is without cluttering it up, two or three?

Entropy Chicken said:

Three, yes, but you can also place several on the floor in front -- Luke, Boushh, Gammy Guard, maybe R2. Plus a few extras along the side, say Greedo or another alien.

Hell, I'm gonna have my Jedi attack Jabba's throne -- why not? My own EU.

:D

I think the SS ones worth the money, I just don't have the money. That custom is sweet though!

I like (smilliar to Seaward) that the set-up is similar to what Kenner released in the 80's... if only it had the flip open pit underneath Jabba, with sculpted bones and rats :monkey2

The SS one is well worth the money. You just gotta see it to understand how big and cool it is.

I miss my 80's Hasbro version. My parents gave it away at a yard sale without asking.:monkey2

Anyone have some pics of it so I can reminisce? :)

But even when I was three years old, I found it rather odd that he had a cellar underneath him when I knew the Rancor was underneath the entire stone block. ;) But still loved using it none the less! Got the Rancor for my fourth birthday party too. Still have memories of getting it at my birthday party at Chucky Cheese! Still have the Rancor too. :)

I miss my Kenner Throne too... I had forgotten that it had molded plastic mice scurrying along it until I saw the SS Throne... sigh... I miss by Bib Fortuna too... I think my dog ate him... Don't know what happened to my throne.

pixletwin said:
I miss my Kenner Throne too... I had forgotten that it had molded plastic mice scurrying along it until I saw the SS Throne... sigh... I miss by Bib Fortuna too... I think my dog ate him... Don't know what happened to my throne.

Ah, the ol "my dog ate my bib" line, eh?... :lol :D

Back