Brian K Vaughans Saga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone read issue #1? I finally got around to picking up my pull from my LCS and decided to read Saga first. Being a first issue I was very impressed by it. I like his other series Y The Last Man quite a bit, but this is more my thing. If you haven't read it yet I would highly recommend it. If the rest of the series is as good as this first issue it could very well become my new favorite series.

Read it. Loved it.

I have extremely high expectations for this series. BKV is ridiculously awesome. I don't think he will let me down.

Read it. Loved it.

I have extremely high expectations for this series. BKV is ridiculously awesome. I don't think he will let me down.

Agreed. This was seriously one of the best first issues I have ever read. Period.

I want to jump on, but as is I'm pulling too much ____. Think I'll wait for the trades like I did for Y.

In all honesty this book will probably read better as a trade. All of his books seem like they work better as trades. I'm impatient though so I have to read them as they come out haha. Has anyone read Pride of Baghdad? If you haven't id highly recommend it.

Pride got a ton of praise. It always tempts me in my LCS :lol.

I broke down and picked up Saga. Excellent first issue, and the lack of ads was welcomed. I'm with you, Duck. I loved Y, but this genre is right up my ally. The art is gorgeous to boot :rock

Pride got a ton of praise. It always tempts me in my LCS :lol.

I broke down and picked up Saga. Excellent first issue, and the lack of ads was welcomed. I'm with you, Duck. I loved Y, but this genre is right up my ally. The art is gorgeous to boot :rock

You need to buy that Pride graphic novel its amazing!

Issue two hit today. I read it immediately. ____ing awesome. The rest of today's books got thrown on a shelf, cause they just don't matter to me.

Issue two hit today. I read it immediately. ____ing awesome. The rest of today's books got thrown on a shelf, cause they just don't matter to me.

Glad to hear that! I haven't gotten a chance to stop by my LCS today, but SAGA will be my first read today.

Edit: Just read it and it was awesome. I seriously hope the series stays this good which I'm sure it will.

Last edited:
issue 3 was awesome. This book hasn't let me down yet. I know its only issue 3, but I can only see this series getting better and better.

I absolutely love this book. The storytelling is excellent and the artwork is beautiful. Pretty much as good as it gets for the comic book medium.

It's probably my favorite book that I'm currently reading. I look forward to it more than anything else on my pull list right now.

Picked up the trade yesterday. Read #1 from comixology and thought WOW. Will rip into the trade later today.

Yeah saga is amazing! I need to grab the new issue tonight when I get home.

I'm quickly trying to catch up. Read through issue 6 today. Boy oh boy, this is such an entertaining book. Not only is it just off-the-wall crazy fun, but I love how fast it moves. It doesn't **** around.

I'm quickly trying to catch up. Read through issue 6 today. Boy oh boy, this is such an entertaining book. Not only is it just off-the-wall crazy fun, but I love how fast it moves. It doesn't **** around.

This is why I love this book so much. Vaughans writing works so well with this out of the world weird ****.

I have some duplicates of Saga issues for sale in case anyone is looking!! I have issues 6,7,9,10 in case anyone is interested!

I cant wait for the next issue though!! I think they are on a break now for the rest of Spring or Summer though :( I think 11 is the last issue until it picks back up later.

Your right, 12 comes this week. Then I think that makes TPB #2 and also they are on break for a while.

Back