Variant Comic Covers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBA

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone go for the variants? I don't like paying absurd mark ups, and only have a few myself. Usually go for them if I'm not a fan of the regular cover.

Some of my newer ones:

photo15c.jpg

I go for them on certain Titles. If Walking Dead has one I will always try and get it, but only If I can get them for retail. Ill have to post some pictures of some of mine. I only have a few. I'm not one to pay crazy prices for them either.

I used to be a variant maniac, it got to a point where my comic book guy just started giving them to me at retail. Now, I only collect the variants that I like more than the regular covers, as far as The New 52 goes, that seems to be any variant for a book that I get regularly done by Gary Frank. These are my latest ones:

Batman_Vol_2_6_Variant.jpg

2211443-jl7var.jpg

If you're going for them thinking the prices will be more on the re-sale....not so my friend. But some of the variant covers are amazing. Most notable some from the launch of the New Avengers.

I mostly only get variant covers if it's a comic I love. Like Buffy and the new Angel and Faith. Other than that, I just get whatever is put in my pull folder. But with Buffy, I get every cover for every issue.

If I like the art but for the books that I do collect I try & get every variant. I.E. Thunderbolts, Venom

ASPEN makes about 10 variants for every issue :lol
True dat :lol, and I have 2 copies of every one and damn proud of it :yess: :rock
2 full sets of the Comics and variants. One set signed by the man himself Joe B and also Peter S, and the other set un-signed :rock

x :duff

Back