Sideshow Game of Thrones....maybe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
From their Ask Sideshow update:
Q.
Has Sideshow had any thoughts of doing products based on HBO’s “Game of Thrones”?

A:Incredible show. One does not simply THINK of doing products based on HBO’s Game of Thrones

Now obviously they are quoting the Boromir/Sean Bean Meme:

tumblr_lz77fhZpRV1qdnun7o1_500.png

The thing is that the meme indicates something that you are not supposed to do. So either the meme is being used incorrectly or maybe they are saying that they they aren't just thinking about it, who knows but it's something official.

Although going to Lord of the Rings for a cheap laugh when Game of Thrones has a bunch of stuff you could utilize...*shrugs shoulders.

I would really go for 1/6 figures from this show. Need figures of Ned, Jon and Jaime.

Sideshow won't do 1/6 of Game of Thrones.

They'll do prop replicas, maybe a PF, but most likely 1/6 or 1/5 statues. If anything at all. Thinking about doing products doesn't mean anything.

Hell, I think about making toys, doesn't mean I'm going to do it. I 'think' about a lot of things. :eek:

one of my favorite book series and hbo made it a great show, but i wouldnt buy any of the character statues, they just arent iconic or unique enough.

If they can't sell enough LOTR fingers to keep the line going, I can't see there being much interest in GoT figures.

^ Instant buy. :lecture

I thought you might be more into a Daenerys piece with her dragons since you have an affinity to the scaly fire breathers. :lol

I need a Tyrion Lannister statue. And that would be the only one I would buy because everybody else in that series does not hold a candle to Tyrion.

got5.jpg

Diorama idea right there Sideshow. :impatient: Now hop to it. :monkey3

I need a Tyrion Lannister statue. And that would be the only one I would buy because everybody else in that series does not hold a candle to Tyrion.
Quoted for the muther____in' truth! :lecture

^ Instant buy. :lecture

I thought you might be more into a Daenerys piece with her dragons since you have an affinity to the scaly fire breathers. :lol

You'd think. I can't help it though, I LOVE Sean Bean when he's all done up in Medieval gear.

Discussed here

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98389

and here

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75209&highlight=thrones

but I believe that Dave spoke with someone from SSC at SDCC and it's not happening.... Although I love the possibility as I'm currently watching (again) season one on BR (with commentary when the episode has it) to get ready for season two starting next week...

I'd love PF's or 1/6... but if LOTR can't fly the chances of that are minimal... which is a shame really.

Back