The Walking Dead - comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
For discussion of the comic where it is now - if you're a TV fan you might want to stay away or risk being spoiled.

All I have to say about this comic book, well besides the fact that the four trades I have read were outstanding and some of the best graphic fiction I have been entertained by, is that I simply cannot believe the astronomical sums of money the graded back issues are going for!

It is astonishing. Just started finally getting my act together with my comic collection and set my sights on Primer 2 and Grendel 1-3 graded, so I'm seeing these books fly around for upwards of $1000, the Walking Dead ones, that is...

Carry on. :D

^ yeah i saw the Vol. 1 Omnibus for incredbile amounts.

I've up to Vol. 6 of the HC Books So Far, i'm gonna buy 7 & 8 together, when 8 finally comes along, it's been so long :(

I LOVE The Walking Dead, it's the only book series in a long while that i just couldn't put down, finished one and went straight onto the next one, OUTSTANDING.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Such powerful books.

^ yeah i saw the Vol. 1 Omnibus for incredbile amounts.

I've up to Vol. 6 of the HC Books So Far, i'm gonna buy 7 & 8 together, when 8 finally comes along, it's been so long :(

I LOVE The Walking Dead, it's the only book series in a long while that i just couldn't put down, finished one and went straight onto the next one, OUTSTANDING.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Such powerful books.

Same here (referring to your spoiler), Nova.

I am SO glad there is a thread for this now. Firstly, I love comics and my bill at my LCS is insane every time I go. Walking Dead is at the top of my awesome list. It is nice to be able to come here and have a chat with you all about it.

I think one of my favorite parts (and dang, have to use spoiler tags still) is
Spoiler Spoiler:
as his death was done so brutally but also with comedy. It just made the reading experience for me much better. I felt bad, but I was also like..F yeah! You tell 'em.

Ah, so many great moments. I almost want to go back and re-read em all.

Finally got my buddy who loves the show to read the 1st compendium. He read it in one day and was blown away by how good it is compared to the show.

Yeah I have the first compendium and Im waiting for the second. Its an amazing book just so much action. Also how do you guys fell about all black and white? Would you have liked it to be in color?

Ah, so many great moments. I almost want to go back and re-read em all.

Yep, it's what I chose to do at the conclusion of season two on tv. I have hc #1-5 (anf 14)... the rest I read on-line so I'm going to pick those up soon when I get the chance.

Yeah I have the first compendium and Im waiting for the second. Its an amazing book just so much action. Also how do you guys fell about all black and white? Would you have liked it to be in color?

When I first started reading the comic, I was sad it was in black and white. But as I got further into the story, it stopped bothering me. The writing was so good that I didn't even notice anymore.

waiting for my vol 1 and 2 omnibus books to arrive. im pretty excited to get them

If this is a comic thread up to the point it is now why are we using spoiler tags?

Back