Titanic 3D 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about Cameron's Titanic these days?

• Excellent film, deserved all its awards

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Very good film, but not quite Best Picture material

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • well....its alright

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Utterly crap

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

a-dev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d9ILag7mRA[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW2uyev0Wug&feature=relmfu[/ame]

So come on, out with it. Whose going to see this next month? :D

I will be. 'I never let go' :lol

Last edited:
I probably won't see it, although, I enjoyed it back in the day. Not so much for the story, but I find the the history of the ship fascinating. And it's probably the best representation of what it was like to be on it that we will ever get.

I remember years ago there was talk of trying to raise it. It would be incredible to see that happen.

I might for free. Titanic is a good movie. It's a billion times better then Avatar in every single possible way.

To be honest, I've never seen this all the way through. I would never go see it in the theater. I don't really see the point of 3D in this case.

Don't know if I'll go and see it in 3D, but I love this movie and haven't actually watched it in a while. Honestly can't quite believe it's 15 years this year since it's release.

Fun fact:
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture

I'll just buy it when the BluRay comes out. No interest in watching Cameron & Lucus trying to cash grab on these old movies with 3-D crap.

I remember years ago there was talk of trying to raise it. It would be incredible to see that happen.

It would but it would end up an incredible failure and a shame. The idea of being able to fully explore it and get into places that they just can't reach while its at the bottom of the ocean is tantalising but it physically couldn't be done without demolishing it and losing much of it back to the sea anyway. To say nothing of the moral objections.

To be honest, I've never seen this all the way through. I would never go see it in the theater. I don't really see the point of 3D in this case.

I don't think theres any more or less justification for 3D here than a film like Avatar. With Avatar Cameron wanted to put you into this fantasy world, here he wants to put you onto the most famous ship ever built. I don't think I've ever seen a retro-fitted 3D film but this one is as good a candidate for it as any. I hope its effective enough to be worthwhile.

Don't know if I'll go and see it in 3D, but I love this movie and haven't actually watched it in a while. Honestly can't quite believe it's 15 years this year since it's release.

Yeah I was thinking that. Really doesn't seem that long ago. The film, with exception of one or 2 shots, looks like it could have been made last year. It holds up well.

Fun fact:
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture

:lol

Good flick, own it on dvd, that said I wont be paying to watch it
in 3D. No interest at all..

Not even as a date movie? Thats what it'll be for me.

I never liked this movie, but I'm not sure that I ever gave it a fair shake when it first came out, and haven't really considered re-watching it since. But no, I won't see the 3-D version :lol I know Bill Paxton has a small role in it, and for that reason alone, this movie can't completely suck!

A film's quality can only be so high def. I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to miss the grittiness of older films

These guys go on and on about how crystal clear and "updated" their conversion process is and I guess I'm sort of sick of it. I'm perfectly content where we are at now and folks still want more HD and now, 3D.

I don't recall people complaining about the quality of the film in 1997, or the grittiness of the likes of Star Wars or Terminator or other 70s or 80s films. Seems like a cash grab.

I thought the film was excellent but I have no desire to ever watch it again (certainly not in 3D) :lol

Remove the two lead characters and the love story and it's a better film.

A film's quality can only be so high def. I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to miss the grittiness of older films

These guys go on and on about how crystal clear and "updated" their conversion process is and I guess I'm sort of sick of it. I'm perfectly content where we are at now and folks still want more HD and now, 3D.

I don't recall people complaining about the quality of the film in 1997, or the grittiness of the likes of Star Wars or Terminator or other 70s or 80s films. Seems like a cash grab.

Well yeah its a cashgrab. But if thats what their after this would certainly seem like the best time to do it 100 years after the real ship sank.

As for the HDing and remastering of everything, well I kinda support it, just to know you're watching the most crisp version of a given film is nice whether you actually notice the difference or not. Like all the extras that come with HT figures, I like to have them even though I probably won't use them.

I thought the film was excellent but I have no desire to ever watch it again (certainly not in 3D) :lol

That seems strange to me. If I have a high opinion of a film I'll watch it again whenever I'm in the mood for it.

If nothing else is out, sure, why the hell not? But if I'm paying 12 bucks to see a 15 year old movie in "3D," that I can rent for 99 cents, I expect to see Kate Winslet's Bazongas popping out of the screen at me in glorious 3D/HD. Just sayin' (and I know I'm not the only one that was thinking it).:naughty

... Production values, set design, photography, sfx and pretty much everything in that regards it's simply amazing...
The story however is pretty crappy... cheesy and ridiculous...
I absolutely hate it in that regards... and I can't stand the score (ironically by James Horner who I like quite a lot) and I despise the Celine Dion song... ughh!! :yuck

So yeah, I won't see it in 3D... :lol

Back