Sideshow vs Visa problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I and I

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First of all I want to say I'm already in this matter with someone of Sideshow, who is very friendly and trying to resolve this problem;

A good week ago I wanted to pay off my remaining balance from Psylocke. I contacted Sideshow, they tried to charge my card, it declined.

I checked my balance and contact Visa (here in Belgium). My limit was far from reached and visa stated that my card was perfectly healthy so the problems must be within Sideshow.

Contacted Sideshow again. Asked me for my secured code to try again, but no luck. They contacted the It department and they said there was a code 000005 error which is a Do Not Honor message from the Bank.
Back to me. I went to my bank, explained the problem and the went after it.

Today my banker contacted me and said they contacted Atos. Atos is worldwide distributor of Visa. Atos said that Sideshow is no longer registered as an E-commerce business with them. They must changed something (sideshow). Therefore due policy of security/safety Visa is declining my charges.

Now it this is true then this must not affect me alone. My last successful payment was the 20the of February. Is there anyone who got there Visa card charged after that date? This month? I'm talking strictly about Visa. Have no idea how other creditcard companies are working with sideshow.

kind regards,
Wesley

I had an overseas purchase last week using my visa, and it was declined several times until I called the bank. They told me credit card companies are really clamping down on overseas charges due to the high rate of fraud-they ended up having to do a special run around authorization to make it go through. Perhaps you're running into something similar?

probably, we already emailed ssc again so we'll see what they say
it's just to check if it's happening to all or at least more international customers :)

@wicker; where are you from? it can be that it's only a certain region here in Europe with these 'problems'

it's just to check if it's happening to all or at least more international customers :)

@wicker; where are you from? it can be that it's only a certain region here in Europe with these 'problems'

I'm in Canada so that's probably why there weren't any problems

Contacted Atos again today, and their final answer is "no we can't do it"
Atos indeed changed their standards about safety and sideshow is no longer safe enough.
The problem is that everything is 'manual'. There is no way I give personal any authentication for the payment.
So anyone can to try and charge my card as long as they have the numbers.
They also stated that indeed not all the companies are doing this for now, but that it will happen in the future and
that Sideshow will need to start in to this matter. For now this can be only me or a few but the problem will probably grow,
cause the internet fraud with credit cards is pretty big.

So now I'm looking for a virtual credit card that I can relate to my real card through paypal? Anyone knows if this is possible?

So if you card is issued by Atos, you will no longer be able to pay Sideshow.

Contacted Atos again today, and their final answer is "no we can't do it"
Atos indeed changed their standards about safety and sideshow is no longer safe enough.
The problem is that everything is 'manual'. There is no way I give personal any authentication for the payment.
So anyone can to try and charge my card as long as they have the numbers.
They also stated that indeed not all the companies are doing this for now, but that it will happen in the future and
that Sideshow will need to start in to this matter. For now this can be only me or a few but the problem will probably grow,
cause the internet fraud with credit cards is pretty big.

So now I'm looking for a virtual credit card that I can relate to my real card through paypal? Anyone knows if this is possible?

So if you card is issued by Atos, you will no longer be able to pay Sideshow.

I don't think you can I found this on SS help pages

Forms of payment accepted
Sideshow Collectibles accepts the following forms of payment: Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express, U.S. personal checks (7-10 days clearance time), and U.S or International Money Orders. All credit card transactions are completed in U.S. funds and checks and money orders should also be in U.S. funds.

The client will be responsible for a $25 charge for each personal check returned to our banking institution due to insufficient funds (ISF). If your personal check is returned due to insufficient funds, then your personal checks will no longer be accepted and you will be required to pay by credit card.

Checks and Money orders must be sent to us via a traceable shipping method. Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for lost deliveries containing forms of payment.

At this time we do not accept the following forms of payment: Western Union wire transfers, PayPal, Electron Visa Cards, Virtual credit cards, E-credit cards or international personal checks.

I'm in Denmark and had no problems with my payment for Psylocke 2 weeks ago. But I had the first try for the nerd for Babydoll pf declined. I had just updated my account with a new visa and tried updating with the same info and on second try it went well.

do you know why it was declined? (was it an Atos card?) Your new visa is this an Atos? Why did you change from card? Cause it was declined? Sorry for al those questions, but really trying to find a solution.

do you know why it was declined? (was it an Atos card?) Your new visa is this an Atos? Why did you change from card? Cause it was declined? Sorry for al those questions, but really trying to find a solution.

It was it very same card. I had to update the card as the old one had expired. I had already updated my account once - a couple of days before the preorder of the babydoll pf and when I got the mail from SS that the nrd had been declined I simply tried entering the same info (card # and code) again and asked SS to try it again. A few days later I got the mailed confirming that the nrd had been charged succesfully. I don't know if it's a Atos card - I don't know what companys my local danish bank work with. A few times I reached a upper mounthly limted that my back accept and when that happend all it took was a phone-call (and a fee) and the limit was raised and I could continue to use the visa.

Hope you solve your problems - I fear they could reach me someday. In that case I hope my mastercard would do, othervise I'm :eek:

we've solved it by acquiring a neteller card (which works like a debit, not credit, card)

so anyone that only has cards from Atos, I'd advice you to order a neteller card or one like that
it's free (except when you transfer funds using mastercard and such, then there's a fee) and it works with SSC

My flex-payment for the Hot Toys Classic Predator Ex was due on 25th March. I got an email from Dawn from the processing dept. on 28th saying that my VISA credit card was declined.
I contacted my bank and they said everything is fine on their end and I had neither exhausted my credit limit nor my card had expired. So I told SS to rerun the card and the second time around it went through.
There have been no payments after that so I dunno if the problem will recurring again. I hope everything would be fine!

Cheers,
Neo.

Here is an update to the Belgium situation and possible other countries.....

We have been in conact with ATOS and individual banks and the answer that we got was that the customer needs to contact their bank and open their card up to charges from the US.

As it stands right now if the card is not approved to charge in the US we will be blocked everytime - Yes Amazon still works but that is because they charge their cards through their website, and we charge cards like a storefront. Apparently the security locks do not apply to websites but physical stores.

We were able to successfully process an order with this method recently so it does work, we realize this may be a bit of a pain but it is the only current work around on this matter.

If you should have any questions on this matter please contact our Customer Service Department.

I've had this problem again today, i got an email from Sideshow after they tried to charge my card, they told me it declined.

I have contacted my bank and they've told me there is no reason why it shouldnt go through as far as the bank and my account are concerned. The bank went through everything.

I asked customer service to try again and i just keep getting told that the card is 'no good' or 'blocked' which it's neither of the two.

Looks like my only option is to cancel all my orders and purchase elsewhere. I've done all I can.

Please double check with the rep you are talking to about this (it's probably me) to see if we are using the correct card or that the expiration date is correct. It's amazing how many times it's either one of those problems.

If it's neither problem then maybe the card number is wrong in the system (if we've never used the card before this could be the issue) if we have used the card before then there very well may be a new security protocol put into place by the bank/credit card company.

No new security protocol set by the bank, the card is correct, funds there and card not expired, all triple checked. The bank can see it's been 'partly charged' but 'not completed'.

I'll see what else the bank can do, it shouldn't be this hard though.:dunno

Back