Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliz

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Alright I will admit I'm waaay behind here (no HBO) but I was able to grab Game of Thrones last week. One word: AWESOME so this begs the question (and if it has been posed and answered or I put this in the wrong areana...apologies. What are the chances of Sideshow getting this liscence and making 1/6 figs? Would anyone but me be all over it?:pray:

Zero. They aren't interested - as stated at the SDCC Freaks party last year.

If they couldn't make the much broader appeal Lord of the Rings work in 1/6 - Game of Thrones doesn't stand a chance.

I love Game of Thrones.

But I'm not interested in figures or anything else though. Not one bit.

Not only that, but has HBO ever licensed one of their shows for figures?
To be fair, what other show could've had any appeal as figures? Maybe a one-off of Tony Soprano might've worked.

Dark Horse is making figures, but I don't recall if they've said 1:6 scale clothed figures or smaller action figures.

Alright cool...yeah the LOTR point makes sense...too bad though because the costumes amnd weapons are NICE.

To be fair, what other show could've had any appeal as figures? Maybe a one-off of Tony Soprano might've worked.

Dark Horse is making figures, but I don't recall if they've said 1:6 scale clothed figures or smaller action figures.

Sopranos, Deadwood, True Blood, Rome, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire... I think at one time or another people have requested, or are doing custom figures from these shows. Game of Thrones being the latest.

Sopranos, Deadwood, True Blood, Rome, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire... I think at one time or another people have requested, or are doing custom figures from these shows. Game of Thrones being the latest.

I would LOVE some Band of Brothers figures and a Nucky Thompson! The detail of the clothing would be amazing.

Oh and I would also love to see some Game of Thrones figures, especially the House Stark!

I have it on fairly good authority that at least a couple companies (I believe including Sideshow) actually did approach HBO to do figures/statues several years back, but that HBO wasn't interested.

I don't know if it was an issue of actor likeness rights or if the network just didn't see any value in it. Either way, they seem to be coming around these days. The fact that some True Blood minibusts actually exist is a good sign.

And it's also a sign of progress that they sold an official Game of Thrones license to Dark Horse. But, for my money, the jury is still out on Dark Horse. They don't have much of a collectibles track record thus far. But I shall watch with great interest ...

Last edited:
I would LOVE some Band of Brothers figures and a Nucky Thompson! The detail of the clothing would be amazing.

Oh and I would also love to see some Game of Thrones figures, especially the House Stark!

If I could have a figure from any HBO series, it would be Al Swearengen.

People doing customs is a far cry from what a company believes a worthwhile profitable IP to try to sell. I think the crossover of 'fans of the show' and 'figure collectors' is far too small for most of those shows, but I hadn't thought of some of those. A few could have wider appeal to historical collectors as well.

People doing customs is a far cry from what a company believes a worthwhile profitable IP to try to sell. I think the crossover of 'fans of the show' and 'figure collectors' is far too small for most of those shows, but I hadn't thought of some of those. A few could have wider appeal to historical collectors as well.

I think more people posted interest in the Justified custom thread than actually post in the Justified thread in Movies & TV. . . I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Back