Looking to buy a graphic novel to read today...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm bored. What the title says. I'll tell you what I'm looking for:

What is your favorite Hulk graphic novel? (btw, I already ordered WW Hulk, heard it was incredible).

What is your favorite Spider-man graphic novel?

And what is your favorite X-Men graphic novel?

And out of all of them, what is your favorite?

Thank you!

PS - I am looking for a novel with pretty decent art. Not looking for drawings that look like the 1970's and 1980's Wolverine comics.

What is your favorite Hulk graphic novel?

8676953.jpg

PS - I am looking for a novel with pretty decent art. Not looking for drawings that look like the 1970's and 1980's Wolverine comics.
I would respond, but if you think Frank Miller's art in the 1980s or John Byrne (who drew some issues of the first ongoing Wolverine comic) was bad, then I'm afraid our tastes are so different that I can't help you.

For Hulk stuff: Planet Hulk (I like it more than World War Hulk)
For Spider-man: I say start with Ultimate Spider-man vol 1 and work your way through the whole Ultimate universe.
For X-Men: not exactly x-men stuff, but X-Force Dark Angel Saga. Also, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run and Morrison's New X-Men run.
And if you want something a little different, I'd go with the current Mark Waid Daredevil run (there is a 1st volume that has been collected).

Although I really want to suggest older stuff like the the Death of the Stacys GN and Daredevil Reborn.

Last edited:
Hulk - "Planet Hulk"
Spider-Man - "The Gauntlet" which has 5 volumes
X-Men - "Messiah Complex", "Second Coming", "Schism"

I'd EXTREMELY recommend Punisher MAX Series.

I would respond, but if you think Frank Miller's art in the 1980s or John Byrne (who drew some issues of the first ongoing Wolverine comic) was bad, then I'm afraid our tastes are so different that I can't help you.

I mean if it's like the Dark Knight Returns. This is just my opinion. I thought the story was superb but the artwork was just so terrible I stopped reading it half-way through.

^Nice spoiler there Mr. Green, you should post the picture of who won on the end as well. :lol

Is that what the other poster meant when he said Civil War? Civil War is Iron Man vs Capt. America?

It's the introduction of the "Superhero Iniative" in which heroes are required to register with the US government for them to remain as heroes. Heroes are divided thus the "Civil War".

I'm bored. What the title says. I'll tell you what I'm looking for:

What is your favorite Hulk graphic novel? (btw, I already ordered WW Hulk, heard it was incredible).

What is your favorite Spider-man graphic novel?

And what is your favorite X-Men graphic novel?

And out of all of them, what is your favorite?

Thank you!

While Planet Hulk is great, I like The End a little more

For Spider-Man there are just too many great choices, try Back In Black, or the just released Spider Island. Avoid The Gauntlet, the artwork was just awful during that run.

For X-Men the Second Coming story was great.

Of all of them, Second Coming would be my favorite, though my #1 reccommendation for any graphic novel is still Thor: Ages of Thunder.

^Nice spoiler there Mr. Green, you should post the picture of who won on the end as well. :lol

It's the introduction of the "Superhero Iniative" in which heroes are required to register with the US government for them to remain as heroes. Heroes are divided thus the "Civil War".

Should I read Superhero Iniative the graphic novel after that? Do I have to, or can Civil War stand alone well?

Should I read Superhero Iniative the graphic novel after that? Do I have to, or can Civil War stand alone well?

You don't need to but you won't see why some of the characters chose what side they end up on. You could always just pick-up the characters that you're interested in.

Back