What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a Customer should know the Edition Size in the moment he place an order?

• YES!The Customer has the right to know the E.Size in the moment he place the order

Votes: 78 67.8%
  • NO!I dont care if of the piece I am ordering, they will produce 500,1500 pcs. or will be an Open Ed.

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters

The_8TH_Wonder

Freaked Out
Reaction score
In the beginning Sideshow shown the Edition Size of any of their products since the DAY we could preorder it.

Lately, they decided to HIDE with a TDB (To Be Determined) the number of pieces they will produce of each product until almost the release date.

What do you think about it?

Do you think that the Edition Size integrant part of the value of a Statue so you should know it in the moment you preorder it (and pay a deposit),
or is something that doesn´t concern you?

You need more options. I don't mind them not disclosing the ES at pre-order but that doesn't mean I support open ES.

You need more options. I don't mind them not disclosing the ES at pre-order but that doesn't mean I support open ES.

No,
we don´t need more option,
because in the moment you place an order you see the TBD only.

You can have the bitter surprise is an Open edition like the case of Stormtrooper PF or LIFE-SIZE Darth Vader bust..... sadly only after you bought it.

Do you think this Section is more appropriate than the "marvel" section for this kind of poll?

No,

Doesn't sound like someone is open to constructive criticism regarding their poll :lol

As far as I've been aware an ES is set before the items ship... now you may have put down a deposit before then, but then it comes down to whether you want a piece regardless of ES, or want to wait it out.

Other pieces that were intended to be Open seem to have been labeled as a "limited edition" from the get-go; like the Darth Vader 1:1 non-exclusive bust.

As for the impact of the TBD; it seems like in general this is leading to lower ES than in the past and secondary market prices seem to be more stable. I'm just speaking mostly of their 1/6 Star Wars offerings... but recent ones seem to consistenly sell at or above retail where older releases with set ES were too high and you might get back 50% of your investment if you sold.

I don't mind a TBD edition size but I don't care for an open edition.

I buy what I like and I have never sold any of my SS pieces. So changes in their value is not a huge issue. However, in my opinion, open editions are not worth as much as a limited editions. As such if a piece is going to be an open edition it should be stated and the price should reflex that fact.

No,

You can have the bitter surprise is an Open edition like the case of Stormtrooper PF or LIFE-SIZE Darth Vader bust..... sadly only after you bought it.

Do you think this Section is more appropriate than the "marvel" section for this kind of poll?

Then I'm not gonna vote in your stupid poll :wave

Considering these are supposed to be collectibles, i really really prefer to know how collectible it is before i spend my hard earned money on it, otherwise i just feel like im buying a very expensive "possible" collectible.

Absolutely, the buyer has the right to know the edition size! The edition size is an indication of how rare the piece will be which is an indication of its market value as a collectible. If you are a buyer of a house or a car, wouldn't you want to know the market value prior to purchasing? This is a no-brainer, folks. :slap

I think you missed his point. He's basically saying you're a closed minded individual.

I dont see the point to talk about my open mindness,
the poll has a specific question:
SS hide the ES until the release, do you mind?
YES/NO

It´s easy.

I think buyers do deserve to know the edition size. I didn't vote based on how the size affects the value of the piece, but it's nice to know how many there will be in case you can't buy it when the preorder first goes up. I'm more comfortable postponing a purchase if I know whether or not there will be many copies made.

These should be made to order at a more reasonable price than they are. The company has been increasing their prices without a corresponding increase in their costs, IMO. An NRD is fine, because it says you really want that piece for what it is, not for what it could be. The item is either worth that much to you to buy it or it isn't. If you really have to worry about secondary market value, you can't afford it.

I would prefer to know the edition size at the time of pre-ordering. I think it's only fair to the collector. Especially with items being such high cost. And these being 'collectibles' not toys at a toy store.

Back