What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_8TH_Wonder

Freaked Out
Reaction score
In the beginning Sideshow shown the Edition Size of any of their products since the DAY we could preorder it.

Lately, they decided to HIDE with a TDB (To Be Determined) the number of pieces they will produce of each product until almost the release date.

What do you think about it?

Do you think that the Edition Size integrant part of the value of a Statue so you should know it in the moment you preorder it (and pay a deposit),
or is something that doesn´t concern you?

Sucks but that is the way they make money and loose less.

I understand what they are doing. But if you call yourself a collectible company then listing the ES is the thing to do up front.

Sideshow still has an edition size, they have admitted to having a number in mind with each piece. What they also have is a "fudge" number that they can increase to if needed. I would figure it helps to protect sales. They can lower the edition size if it isn't too popular and no one would know, it'd be pretty embarrassing to have 1000 ES and then only produce 560, I believe Master Replicas had that problem in the early part of 2006 with one of their lightsabers that needed a revised ES. Or they can raise it if need be without nerd rage. If they said 1000 and it oversold to 1200 people would lose their ____. It's ultimately to avoid headaches I guess.

They aren't hiding the edition size at all. They switched to basing most edition sizes on the number of pre-orders recieved so that they don't have a ton of surplus product sitting around. They did overproduce several products and stopped doing estimated edition sizes. That said, they do still have a soft cap on exclusives if they get a ton of orders.

I don't like it but I can understand it. At least they are not doing re-releases. I would most likely quit buying if they did that.

What do you think about SIDESHOW hiding the Edition Size until the release ??

I think it's crap. If sideshow wants to hide the ES then dont charge us NRD. If they want to charge us NRD, then tell us the ES.

But at the end of the day, we are all slaves to their products, and there is not much that can be done other than stop buying. And we all know that's not likely..so this thread is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back