Disney's Lone Ranger and Tonto...expecting the Hot Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr ?

Super Freak
Reaction score
lone_ranger_810.jpg

I know plenty will hate on this...but for me?:yess:

Can't wait to see the Hot Toys version!

No interest in Tonto, I want a Ranger but not played by Hammer.
Tonto reminds me of the Nick Cage "my hair is a bird so your argument is invalid" pict.

This, please:

lrtcolor.jpg

Yeah, but they've done that already. Whole point of a re-telling is having some thing "new" to say. I love the look, now both heroes wear a mask. :clap

Man, Silverheels was whisper thin wasn't he??

I'm not criticizing the decision to re-imagine the movie, I'm just saying that I would prefer to get Hot Toys version of the old school version of Lone Ranger/Tonto ;)

Of course, that won't happen, and the fact that Hot Toys has an unhealthy Johnny Depp fixation means that we'll more than likely get figures from this film. . .or at least Tonto :lol

Yeah, but they've done that already. Whole point of a re-telling is having some thing "new" to say. I love the look, now both heroes wear a mask. :clap

Man, Silverheels was whisper thin wasn't he??

Who's done that already? Not HT.
That's the point of this thread no?

Maybe someone else will pick up the rights to the series version and do those. What's with the Rangers scarf?
Way too thin.

I'm sure that I've seen unlicensed/custom versions of these older characters before, and I'm pretty sure MEGO did some, but I'm unfamiliar with anything else.

That would be a line I would actually be interested in 1/6th scale horses for. Even though it was technically ahead of my time, I loved Lone Ranger as a little kid.

I'm sure that I've seen unlicensed/custom versions of these older characters before, and I'm pretty sure MEGO did some, but I'm unfamiliar with anything else.

actually GABRIEL did the 9" Mego like Dolls for Lone Ranger (Have The Ranger and Silver)

That would be a line I would actually be interested in 1/6th scale horses for. Even though it was technically ahead of my time, I loved Lone Ranger as a little kid.

I saw that 1/4 scale version by that guy who works with Sideshow but nothing close to HT quality in 1/6th.

Someone posted that it looked like Jamie Kennedy as the Ranger.
It does a little and that ain't good.

God, can't Depp act without relying on outrageous costumes and make up.
I'm not the biggest "Depp slurper" around, but I do think the man has some acting chops. Some of my favorite roles of his had him dressing relatively modestly--Ed Wood and Raoul Duke in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Stevo's Toys would do a much better job for a fraction of the cost ;)

Personally, I like both looks... I'll wait to see more...
"Toro" (how he's known in spanish speaking countries) looks a bit too Sparrow IMO...
We shall see...

Hondo from the One Sixth Warrior did this for me.

100_4910.jpg

Back