A Question if you will

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

316what

The Real Vic Mackey
Reaction score
Soon to be Hell if I don't change my ways.
I noticed that The Hobbit thread was closed.

Why is this section for movies/TV shows EXCEPT LOTR and Star Wars?

If that's the case, why aren't the Marvel movies in the Marvel section?

Why aren't the DC movies in the DC section?

Why aren't the Horror movies in the Horror section?

Why isn't this section retitled Movies & TV Show discussion EXCEPT LOTR and Star Wars?

This decision makes ZERO sense. People come to this particular forum to discuss ALL Movies & TV Shows. It's easier to find movie threads on LOTR and Star Wars HERE instead of searching through pages of LOTR and Star Wars threads just to find the ONE thread in those sections about the particular movie.

Its been that way for a very long time and there is no need to change it. Finding The Hobbit thread in the LOTR section is quite easy as its near the top of the first page. After the talk by most folks is long gone it will sink off like it would here.

I noticed that The Hobbit thread was closed.

Why is this section for movies/TV shows EXCEPT LOTR and Star Wars?

If that's the case, why aren't the Marvel movies in the Marvel section?

Why aren't the DC movies in the DC section?

Why aren't the Horror movies in the Horror section?

Why isn't this section retitled Movies & TV Show discussion EXCEPT LOTR and Star Wars?

This decision makes ZERO sense. People come to this particular forum to discuss ALL Movies & TV Shows. It's easier to find movie threads on LOTR and Star Wars HERE instead of searching through pages of LOTR and Star Wars threads just to find the ONE thread in those sections about the particular movie.

I agree.....then all should be in their own sections if this is the case. I rarely go into the Star Wars section or Marvel sections because day be crazee!

I agree.....then all should be in their own sections if this is the case. I rarely go into the Star Wars section or Marvel sections because day be crazee!

As, I said its always been this way and there is never a problem. Once in a while you get a thread like this by someone and it goes away. Its not a big deal that The Hobbit movie thread is in the LOTR section.

Yes, it is. The Hobbit movie thread in the LOTR section is staying put unless Dave says move it. No need to change the way things have been for years IMO.

Because LOTR fans living in the fantasy world they do, couldn't handle someone saying something remotely not positive or worshiping it as the second coming. Thus if it's in the LOTR section, theres never a chance anything but a fan will see it/post there. :lol

Agreed with the comments above. Movie threads belong here, in the movies forum (what a crazy concept). Can someone start another thread already?

No matter what the question is, this is historically the worst answer EVER.

Whenever I hear someone say that all I hear is "I'm simply terrified of change". That appears to be the case here.

Star Wars movie threads go in the Star Wars section, do they not? And folks don't seem to mind that. Maybe Dave feels the franchise-specific sections should trump the "movie" catch-all section for those types of threads. I don't really care, but would prefer it if it were systematic across the board so I would know where to look most of the time I was searching for something.

Guess you better get on moving the Avengers, Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Dark Knight, Batman Vs Superman, Man of Steel, Indy on Blu Ray, and Prometheus threads to their existing sections then huh?

This is the headline for the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings forums. No mention of film discussion. If I were new to the forum, I'd think the sections were for collectible discussion only. But I'm not Dave so they can have the movie discussion for those franchises wherever The Dave wants em.

Lord of the Rings Anything and everything pertaining to Lord of the Rings items - Premium Format, 1/6 figures, statues, busts, props , etc. Discussion of other manufactuers such as United Cutlery, Master Replicas, Noble Collection, ToyBiz, etc. is allowed.

Star Wars Anything and everything pertaining to Star Wars items - both from Sideshow and other manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back