Smallville Season 11 Comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/02/09/announcing-smallville-season-11/

Smallville01_coverB300dpiV2-704x1024.jpg

Smallville Fans Rejoice! New Comic Book Series, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, to Pick Up Where Show Left Off

Fans of the smash-hit TV series Smallville haven’t had much to cheer about since the show ended its critically acclaimed 10-year run on The CW last May. That’s all going to change with the upcoming new comic book series from DC Entertainment: SMALLVILLE SEASON 11. Written by former Smallville show scribe Bryan Q. Miller, the new digital first series will be published digitally on April 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly thereafter. Additionally, the online chapters will be offered in a print periodical, along with an episode guide to the hit television series, with the first print issue released on May 16.

The new comic book series picks-up where the show left off (with Clark officially now as Superman!) and features other fan-favorite characters including Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, and General Lane. The book features an all-star creative team – in addition to Miller, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 creators include print cover artist Gary Frank (SUPERMAN SECRET ORIGIN), digital cover artist Cat Staggs and interiors by Pere Perez (BATGIRL).

“Six months after Clark Kent donned the cape and took to the skies to save Earth from Apokolips… enter Season 11!” enthuses Miller. “New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they’re least expected! Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers. I couldn’t be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark’s first year in the cape.”

wish it was still on tv :(

I do and don't. I felt like season 10 dragged on and there were too many fillers. The best episode IMO was when Lois had Clark's powers for a bit and at the end we got to see what looked like the beginnings of the Legion of Doom.

But I'll get these comics.

I thought that Legion of Doom bit was a stinking gyp. Why even show something that could've been really kick-ass only so that it teases fans and doesn't go anywhere? Part of me wonders if the cast and crew regret the decision to end it, I certainly haven't seen Tom Welling in anything since.

Might get this but I see the new comics look and film are already effecting things he hasn't got the red shorts even though they were shown in the show albeit briefly and what is with the belt? Well like I said I will probably get these when they are in stores

Would've liked to see Smallville morph into a 'Metropolis' show but i'll pick these comics up
season 9 and 10 where going to be named metropolis at one point but they decided to keep the name smallville not to alienate viewers with a title change and also with a name change it would have meant a spin off ,meaning that it would have been an 8 year run not the record 10 years that they where on the air for.. making it the longest lasting scifi show with the same cast an title

Might get this but I see the new comics look and film are already effecting things he hasn't got the red shorts even though they were shown in the show albeit briefly and what is with the belt? Well like I said I will probably get these when they are in stores

The change in the suit both in this comic and the ongoing new52 reboot is so that DC and Warner can protect them shelf when and if a judging comes on who owns what part of superman mythos.
what i mean by that is that in 2013 DC and warner will only own part of the superman character while the familys suing are getting everything relating to the original golden age superman. so DC will own his S shield the cape the flight the city metropolis, and some more recent elements, while the siegel and rest will own the classic original look of the suit, red trunks, classic original S blue boots , the power to leap tall buildings and his origin on krypton to his landing in smallville and some other retro classic elements of supes.

So with that in mind , you cant blame DC for taking some precautions in making sure that in 2013, if the character is split, that they wont have to make changes out of nowhere, they are making sure that come 2013 that both the smallville and new 52 supes will be set in stone and wont need any more changes just to please a greedy family...

so thats why smallvilles Superman is getting a brand new suit for the comic, so he wont need change in 2013 , so with 2013 in mind and knowing full well that season 11 of smallville wont run up to 2013 , do they have plans for a season12 if the new season works in comic form...
would be cool to get several seasons if possible

The change in the suit both in this comic and the ongoing new52 reboot is so that DC and Warner can protect them shelf when and if a judging comes on who owns what part of superman mythos.
what i mean by that is that in 2013 DC and warner will only own part of the superman character while the familys suing are getting everything relating to the original golden age superman. so DC will own his S shield the cape the flight the city metropolis, and some more recent elements, while the siegel and rest will own the classic original look of the suit, red trunks, classic original S blue boots , the power to leap tall buildings and his origin on krypton to his landing in smallville and some other retro classic elements of supes.

So with that in mind , you cant blame DC for taking some precautions in making sure that in 2013, if the character is split, that they wont have to make changes out of nowhere, they are making sure that come 2013 that both the smallville and new 52 supes will be set in stone and wont need any more changes just to please a greedy family...

so thats why smallvilles Superman is getting a brand new suit for the comic, so he wont need change in 2013 , so with 2013 in mind and knowing full well that season 11 of smallville wont run up to 2013 , do they have plans for a season12 if the new season works in comic form...
would be cool to get several seasons if possible

isn't that all fan theory? None of that has been confirmed or commented on officially has it ?

isn't that all fan theory? None of that has been confirmed or commented on officially has it ?
its never been confirmed for say, but in the end if you look at the legal issues come 2013, there is no doubt that DC would take actions ahead of time, and they have in the past changed the DCU to work with the superman issues... like when they killed of superboy when the rights reverted.
So why no protect yourself ahead of time and make sure that you wont need to fight to keep whats being worked on right now.

some of the things pointing to DC taking preventive actions for the legal battle come 2013 are :
if the character is split in between the heirs and DC the heirs would retain the blue leotard, so DC made superman wear a battle armor suit that looks like a leotard but is going to be presented as a battle suit, and they started the ground work for that in the supes comics and in the supergirl comics where kara talks about the uniforms.
Also the superfamily all got new suits so that they dont reflect on what the original superman suit , again establishing that the whole S family wont be connected to the old superman.

so anyways they are protecting themself and you cant blame them

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to them so I can see more Lois and Clark. During the show for me there was too much Lana and I wanted to kill myself.

I'm looking forward to them so I can see more Lois and Clark. During the show for me there was too much Lana and I wanted to kill myself.
be happy to know that Lana wont be in this and you will get tons of clark and lois for sure

Back