Why so many Queen maquettes FS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveL

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've seen around 3 or 4 of the SW 1/4 Queen maquettes for sale in the last year.Are they just 1 or 2 of the same maquettes changing hands over and over again?If there are only 4(not recasts)of these outside the ones given to production,it seems strange that these have been coming up for sale so frequently for such a rare piece.

The Queen and A3 "Dog" alien were the only models(as puppets)of any aliens that were used in the films.To me those casts of those pieces are the pinnacle of alien collectibles!They are as close as it gets to owning the production models::wink1:!

there are plenty of recasts out there now. I don't think it's possible to distinguish the difference either.

I know, the one that's up there now is the same one that was up a few weeks ago. They said the buyer backed out. Believe what you will. lol

freddie-mercury-birthday.jpg

Lot of people hurting...myself included...I might sell mine this year too...Mine once belonged to a statueforum member well known...The queen is quite a few years old and has a great paint job, better than the ones I've seen on the bay..

Lot of people hurting...myself included...I might sell mine this year too...Mine once belonged to a statueforum member well known...The queen is quite a few years old and has a great paint job, better than the ones I've seen on the bay..

Your guaranteed to get a a good price on it as its a super rare item!

I believe that there were only 4 (that weren't recasts) that were made and I think they were all originally kits,but I do know of one that was fully painted and assembled by an ADI artist.

I'd love to own one,but I don't have the room and I definitely don't have enough money!

From what I can remember, 4-5 kits were made from the original. Someone cast 10 more kits a few years later. I'm not sure if they were just a rerun or if one kit was recast. I'd love to own a kit and build it myself but, I'd never put up the coin people want for one prebulit. One reason is that it'll probably arrive broken unless it's shipped freight. Second, I have the 1/4 bust from Sideshow. Which is also from the same molds and only cost me 700.
Plus, I have a feeling Sideshow will gain rights to produce it for their LSF line and charge much less than what people ask for it.

From what I can remember, 4-5 kits were made from the original. Someone cast 10 more kits a few years later. I'm not sure if they were just a rerun or if one kit was recast. I'd love to own a kit and build it myself but, I'd never put up the coin people want for one prebulit. One reason is that it'll probably arrive broken unless it's shipped freight. Second, I have the 1/4 bust from Sideshow. Which is also from the same molds and only cost me 700.
Plus, I have a feeling Sideshow will gain rights to produce it for their LSF line and charge much less than what people ask for it.

Hmm I doubt sideshow would make life size to be fair. All life size ss statue has been Hunan style so no bigger then 8 foot talk while queen would be 14 to 15. It's just not feasible.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Back