Is this ebay member a Sideshow Freaks board member?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does sound insulting especially if the auction is starting at US $3,200.00.

The only reason I offered the seller $550.00 is that was Sideshow Collectibles selling price. Any tips on how to tell if this is one that came from Sideshow Collectibles? I would not feel comfortable paying 1000's for one of these anymore after what happened to me.

And I am insulted that the seller called me an incredible annoyance and insulting.

Nick

I thought there was a registry thread for this piece on here? You can see who owns that edition number.

Heya Monster...I believe I recognize that display as a member from here, but they can identify themself if they want. You should have shot them a question instead of a bad offer on a piece you know darn well is worth more than that. :D You were looking for one of these before I left here! I'm sure if you contact them as a legitimate buyer they will be a little more friendly lol.

I offered them $550.00 for this bust

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250995445949

Their answer was and I Quote, "I've turned down multiple offers for over $2000... You are an incredible annoyance and insulting."

The Monster,
Nick

wait you only wrote him once and he said that? :lol LOL that makes me laugh,

I had something similar happen to me, on a much smaller scale
after the movie Dead Silence came out I kinda wanted to get a Billy Doll,

I went to ebay and saw someone selling real ventriloquist Billy dummies for like, 300 bucks, that had moving eyes or something, I send One message asking if the doll was made of wood or what material, if it had legs or not and how the mouth worked, I was curious about this,

the seller said that if I was not serious about buying and "couldn't" afford it maybe I shouldn't be contacting them, didn't answer any question, :lol it made me mad but laugh at the same time, I think it was better I didn't waste my money anyways

He probably knew you were trolling him instead of a serious buyer and got pissed. Sometimes people are not in the mood for games. I personally would not have insulted you like that, but I definitely would have ignored you.

If it had been my auction I wouldn't have taken you serious and just ignored you. But you would probably think that was insulting also.

Dont buy that thing anyway, Nick. Those busts will eventually drop. Horrid economy, plus all the fakes out there. Just forget it. If I were the seller, the first offer that came through for 2k would've been the last offer. Because the offerer would be the new owner.

FYI, though. Ebay sellers are inundated daily by some real kooks, or some cheap u-know-whats looking for solid gold on a peanut butter budget. He probably thought you were "one of those". On the best offer thing, you can automatically decline any offer that doesnt reach the rock bottom price you'll take. If he would've done that, he wouldnt even have seen your offer...and it would've spared his nerves and your feelings.

When I saw how many recast/ fakes there were for the Universal Monsters busts (and seemingly only the busts for some reason)---I sold mine off. They were too big for my house anyway....and the cash was nice.

If you decide to still try for one---good luck and be careful.

When having a best offer on ebay you can set the auction to automatically decline offers below a price the seller chooses.
If the price you offered was so insulting then why even accept offers for that price anyway ?. You could have offered $50.00 and at the end of the day he'll still get that email informing him you've made an offer which if he isn't interested in he could have avoided.
The only person wasting somebody's time imo is the seller. Fair enough to decline it but to say that to you is just rude.

I've never understood the point of reserves either , just start the item at the lowest price you're willing to take.

When having a best offer on ebay you can set the auction to automatically decline offers below a price the seller chooses.
If the price you offered was so insulting then why even accept offers for that price anyway ?. You could have offered $50.00 and at the end of the day he'll still get that email informing him you've made an offer which if he isn't interested in he could have avoided.
The only person wasting somebody's time imo is the seller. Fair enough to decline it but to say that to you is just rude.

I've never understood the point of reserves either , just start the item at the lowest price you're willing to take.

yep, that's what I always do when I have a best offer auction, just use the automatic decline option to save time and BS.

Ouch, i get low balled all the time. Offers that an idiot would never accept. Never 1:5 though. Im surprised he didnt call you worse.

I feel like there are parts to this story missing....

So what is the point of this thread other than to publically state that you feel offended because he wrote a sentence back to a lowball offer?

What does it matter that he said that to you or even if he is a member of these boards, I don't see how bringing your personal interaction with him here does anything, if you wanted to warn him about fakes why didn't you just email that to him and wash your hands of it? :dunno

If the ebay seller is a member on these boards i would suggest they not reply. Nothing good can come of this.. You both have been clearly insulted just let things be..

Yeah, no offense, but sometimes I'll go ahead and block potential bidders who do that sort of thing. If you assume the asking price isn't too outrageous, then you don't want to be hassled with people asking you to part with something for a fraction of what you are selling it for. Having said that, the seller was very rude with his response.

Back