Premium Format SSC -The Terminator T-800 Photo Review. From Russia with Terminator love... Again lol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sined

Super Freak
Reaction score
main_logo_final_800.png

Freaks and, of course, my Terminator-brothers, I salute you again!
A little bit late to the party but it's still better than never.
After Enterbay HD-1004 T-800 Review - here goes the latest SSC Terminator product to date - The Terminator Premium Format Figure from the original 1984 James Cameron movie! *Please note that the switch-out battle damaged portrait head without sunglasses is unique feature for Sideshow Exclusive edition of this statue, it's not included with the regular edition*

English is still not my native language (not a big surprise lol), so I won't say much. This piece is absolutely phenomenal & a must-have for any Terminator-fan & statue collector.
The likeness, the pose, the clothes, overall presence - everything is well worth the price here. I was pleasantly surprised by the paint apps on that one. Still not the best quality on the market but it's a damn' fine painted PFF (except for the battle-damaged eye on the exclusive edition head)! And big thanks goes to Sideshow for print on the t-shirt! Hardcore fans will be extremely pleased with that nice addition to the final product!

There is a few cons from my point of view though.
First of all it's the weapons. Looks OK on the shelve & you won't have any problems with identifying AR-18 & SPAS-12 here, but from the closer look it looks really weak & way too schematic. It could and it should have been better. Much better.

Rounds on the floor of the stand look like a cigarette butts. Again, I doubt anyone will have problem with that without nitpicking or closer look but it's something that must be done better when we are talking about product with a "premium format" in the title, with a pretty much serious price.

And, of course, gotta love "trademark" SSC quality control.
Paint flaws, damage, "leaning" pieces & etc. You can get the whole package here. So "shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT????!!!!!!!"

But if you ask me - it's well worth both the money & the risk with QC problems (still, not much to worry about because thank God, SSC customer support is much better than their QC). IT IS The Terminator & if you are into 1/4 scale - I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Not to mention that if you are the original 1984 movie fan - you'll get multiple orgasms.

And now enough talk and let the pics speak louder than words.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

With Sideshow Collectibles T-800 Premium Format Figure from T2 (note that T2 PFF is seriously bulked-up here to match Arnold shape from 1991 better, original product looks much thinner):

a24.jpg

With Enterbay HD-1004 T-800:

a25.jpg

Take care & don't forget - he'll be back! :wave:duff

a26.jpg

Fantastic photos. The likeness looks great there I have to say. The slightly lopsided mouth seems more obviously deliberate - for some reason it just looks wierd in some people's photos whereas I'm sure it looks very Arnie-esque in person. I love the comparison shots to the T2 PF and the Enterbay.

These IMO are the photos you guys should start using to fend off 8th Wonder :lol

Nice review! Congrats on getting, what is IMO, the best SS film related PF out there.
Thank you sir!
And yes, it's a great product. Sounds obvious, but it really is something that must be seen in person. I'm extremely pleased with the final result.
Now bring on punk-outfit T-800 PF SSC! Make all my dreams come true!
Fantastic photos. The likeness looks great there I have to say. The slightly lopsided mouth seems more obviously deliberate - for some reason it just looks wierd in some people's photos whereas I'm sure it looks very Arnie-esque in person. I love the comparison shots to the T2 PF and the Enterbay.
Thanks my friend!
Yep, that one is very Arnie-esque and, what's the most important - it's very original-terminator-esque! :lol I'm the guy who is in T1-for-the-one-and-only-REAL-Terminator-ever-was camp so this PFF was a real dream come true for me. I'm really glad that it turned out well in the end.
Unbelievable photos!! :rock!!!
Thanks my brother!!! :rock:rock:rock

Beautiful photos again, it's nice to see this piece shot and lit by someone with lighting skills, but more importantly, love and understanding of the source material, you know how to present the Terminators in a way that honors the character and to me that's key to great photos of collectibles, capturing the character you're shooting, I see great photos that are way out of character and it loses appeal to me.

Beautiful photos again, it's nice to see this piece shot and lit by someone with lighting skills, but more importantly, love and understanding of the source material, you know how to present the Terminators in a way that honors the character and to me that's key to great photos of collectibles, capturing the character you're shooting, I see great photos that are way out of character and it loses appeal to me.
Thanks MaulFan!
I really appreciate your compliments! I'm a big fan of your HT T1 punk-outfit T-800 photoset (in my opinion it's one of the best figure-related photosets that I ever seen) so I'm really glad that you find my pics worthy :duff
Great review and AWESOME pics! :clap

Reading and seeing this thread makes me appreciate this Sideshow piece even more. :yess:
Thank you sir! :wave
SSC did some mighty fine job on that one.

Sweet review and pics! :clap

The funny thing about the "trademark" SSC quality control is that on my last statue that I received, it didn't even have this sticker on it. Luckly the statue was in great condition overall.

Thanks man! :duff
lol about no sticker, but from my experience, when it comes to SSC QC - that sticker means not much :lol

Really superb pictures. I cant believe how sideshow let the T2 go out looking so thin.
Looks great bulked up but not as good as the t1 :)

Great collection

Thanks my friend!
And yes, I agree, bulked-up T2 PF or not, T1 PF still wins the round from the overall awesomeness point of view.

This PF rocks! Congrats for your pics and review!
I'm waiting my reg...I'll receive it very soon!

Great pictures, I think the 2nd head sculpt was not necessary. And it's not that good, but overall this is the best Terminator PF done by sideshow.

Wow! Glad this thread is still alive & kicking.
Thanks mate!
About 2nd headsculpt - I can honestly say that I thought absolutely the same before I got the actual piece in-hand...
Believe it or not, but I display it with Ex-head now.
Doesn't fit the actual scene but looks absolutely fantastic on a shelf.

Back