$3 Indy PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stunned that Hasting's as a franchise is still around. Even their brick & mortar stores are disheveled disasters. I'm somehow not surprised by this listing.

They're basically what would happen if a Vintage Stock store ate a truck stop, and then took a huge dump.

I originally bought an Indy ROTLA PF from them about 3 years ago for $200, but returned it because there was a spot on his pants. I tried to get one later and it was out of stock. I haven't noticed it being in stock there for well over a year, so I can't imagine they actually had one for sale at that price.

I just bought 18 used CDs and a pack of Minimates for $40 shipped last night with a free shipping promotion, though. If you find the right promotions, they do have some fantastic deals.

I'm stunned that Hasting's as a franchise is still around. Even their brick & mortar stores are disheveled disasters. I'm somehow not surprised by this listing.

They're basically what would happen if a Vintage Stock store ate a truck stop, and then took a huge dump.

Really? Ours is pretty busy, 'specially Friday and Sat. It's a good size store for what it is too and lots of variety in merchandise. I'm in there two or three times a month at least.

$3...I wonder how many people keep refreshing the page hoping that it comes back into stock :lol

Knowing gohastings, it's probably a picture of the PF that is $3 :slap

If you watch their promotions, you can get Hot Toys for VERY cheap. I purchased multiple HT Spiderman for $120, HT Thor for 130ish or so, Alice, & Captain America. I haven't had any issues with the items coming in used, but many others have.

The HT deals are never that great for me because there is a brick and mortar store somewhere in my state (though I don't know where). So, tax gets charged, which jacks them up to near eBay/retail price after all is said and done despite their discounts. When you factor in the dinged up boxes and whatnot, it hardly seems like such a great deal to save $10-15 over what you could pay getting them elsewhere.

Really? Ours is pretty busy, 'specially Friday and Sat. It's a good size store for what it is too and lots of variety in merchandise. I'm in there two or three times a month at least.

I can definitely see the online deals. I was buying SS Indys for something like $55 a pop not too long after his release. But every single store I've been in is a chaotic disaster with insane mark-ups. Its like they had a really great idea, with the worst possible execution.

Used graphic novels/books is about the only reason I still step foot into one, and even then they probably cant compete with Amazon. Luckily for ____ty companies like Hastings...some of us are impulse buyers.

I've bought some SS Star Wars figures from them through Amazon and gotten amazing deals.

Yeah, the store isn't bad... prices are a bit higher on figures as they tend to charge full retail, but w/o having to pay shipping that kind of balances back out. I don't buy much from them, but they do have some good used prices and occassionally I'll find a really good deal on some discounted figures.

Back