Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1068 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 6856896810181058106410651066106710681069107010711072 ... LastLast
Results 10,671 to 10,680 of 10727
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Default Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by ZE_501 View Post
    That makes two of us.
    It's cool but it sure is an awkward one.

Y'know these display cases many of you guys have for it, such as from sora shop - do they provide UV protection? I'm trying to assess if I can put my Batmobile somewhere other than my display room but anywhere else I might put it will probably catch direct sunlight.

That's what ... around $130-$150 a month to pay off? I'm sure shipping will be a bear but even so...more troubling is the 3' x 3'.5" footprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    If Mezco made one for their figure I'd consider it. 1/6 is way out though. I was nuts to buy the Batmobile in that scale really.
    Agreed. Budgetary restrictions aside, the only way I'd consider something that big would be if I had a man cave akin to Darth Dennis's, and then only if I had a place to hang it similar to how he has his Millennium Falcon.

Wow, did not know about that! Fantastic project! But wow 2 K... After I can completely understand that price because it is a very limited run, without nothing in common with any industrialization process of a classic factory. But 2K...
    What a pity that HT did not produced it back to the other 89 releases. At 800-1000?, I could have been tempted but 2K...

But once again fantastic project!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    I pay $100 per month. I do not have a collection room. I do have a six foot section of wall picked out to hang the Batwing vertically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Wi;; make for a great display. I wish I could swing it. At least I have the Batmobile.

Freakazoid

Feedback
    43 (100%)
    Add me to the list. Picked up a slightly scratched one from a local selling for below retail several years ago. Currently sitting in shield mode in my collection room, I should just take the cover off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    On the list. Got my Moducases coming to finally display it

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    [...]
    Y'know these display cases many of you guys have for it, such as from sora shop - do they provide UV protection? I'm trying to assess if I can put my Batmobile somewhere other than my display room but anywhere else I might put it will probably catch direct sunlight.
    I'd do some very careful research regarding that. I know that plain glass at least blocks the majority of UVB, but not sure about UVA or any other wavelengths that would damage plastics, pain etc. over time. I imagine heat plays a role too. There are archival coatings applied to some plastics and glass for framing prints, but I have a vague memory of a framer telling me at one point that they could only do so much, i.e. if in the path of direct sunlight or whatever. I'm guessing that plain acrylic cases do nothing but block dust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buffinator View Post
    Agreed. Budgetary restrictions aside, the only way I'd consider something that big would be if I had a man cave akin to Darth Dennis's, and then only if I had a place to hang it similar to how he has his Millennium Falcon.
    See...I actually have a large room I use as a studio that has plenty of room for the thing, but the non-geek part of me doesn't want to commit to that from an interior design perspective.

So tempting though...

Quote Originally Posted by bdhartma View Post
    Add me to the list. Picked up a slightly scratched one from a local selling for below retail several years ago. Currently sitting in shield mode in my collection room, I should just take the cover off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    On the list. Got my Moducases coming to finally display it
    Updated: 36 '89 Batmobile Owners

1. creasy
    2. DiFabio
    3. DiFabio (has 2)
    4. Jolietbat
    5. ZE_501
    6. Figurefreaks
    7. darkknight
    8. Rondesmo
    9. otomofan
    10. batman717
    11. Cicada17
    12. Ropen
    13. a-dev
    14. Bgnyc007
    15. Jameson Rook
    16. Marine Boy
    17. Sephiroth1089
    18. punisher1974
    19. dls712
    20. t3xAsFi3nd
    21. ILuvToyz
    22. amusedjester
    23. amos brearly
    24. kyekye
    25. Captnemo42
    26. batsheva
    27. TexasFinest
    28. davejames
    29. Positron
    30. DarthAlias
    31. Sardo Numspa
    32. morbidaj
    33. Karnis
    34. xzbit
    35. bdhartma
    36. [email protected]

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    I'd do some very careful research regarding that. I know that plain glass at least blocks the majority of UVB, but not sure about UVA or any other wavelengths that would damage plastics, pain etc. over time. I imagine heat plays a role too. There are archival coatings applied to some plastics and glass for framing prints, but I have a vague memory of a framer telling me at one point that they could only do so much, i.e. if in the path of direct sunlight or whatever. I'm guessing that plain acrylic cases do nothing but block dust.
    Thanks ZE. So it might take damage in direct sunlight no matter what protection I pay for. I'll have another look to see if there's any wall that doesn't get blasted at some point during the day.