Which Hot Toys Iron Man Figure/Set is the best to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geb

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would like to acquire a 'definitive' Iron Man 1/6th figure. Money isn't the problem...I want to know which figure is the best 'definitive' Iron Man figure/set from Hot Toys?

Thanks!

Mark IV

I've owned the Mark III & Mark VI and whilst I cant remember much about the III because I sold it like a week later I do remember the Mark VI feeling very flimsy and fragile while the IV has a much more solid feel to him.

That said I love my Mark IV for one reason really, the Tony Stark head sculpt although I do concede there is an argument that the sculpt isn't that good without the use of the shades but he does look very cool using the sculpt.

Maybe you should start a poll and have everyone vote on the Marks I through VI. For me it's really all about Mark VI. It was in the most exciting part of the second movie, and it looks like it will be in the first half of the Avengers movie. And just the sheer display of it on the diorama stand and interchangeable parts of battle damage or clean version sells it for me. I actually sold my Mark IV (which I loved) and kept the VI because the two looked too similar anyway.

I would like to acquire a 'definitive' Iron Man 1/6th figure. Money isn't the problem...I want to know which figure is the best 'definitive' Iron Man figure/set from Hot Toys?

Thanks!

:panic: I also have the same problem. Its been months now and I still can't decide wether to get the iv or vi. At some point I'm leaning over the iv coz of the sweet RDJ HS but sometimes the vi coz of the battle damaged parts. :slap

Just a question to some IM owners, which mark would you prefer to compliment the current Cap, BW, and Thor HT?

(Sorry, didn't actually help the thread starters question but I'm also torn between the marks)

:)

Mark IV

I do remember the Mark VI feeling very flimsy and fragile while the IV has a much more solid feel to him.

Hi tommy,

How exactly is the mark vi flimsy? Does the magnet parts fall off easily?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Best IM?

Mk I and Mech test :yess:

Definitive red and gold, go for Mk IV
not much QC issue and one of the best Stark Sculpts (along with Mech Test)
plus round arc reactor

I choose IV because the triangle chestpiece of Mark VI doesn't seem to fit with the overall flow of suit and the silver paint on his arms and legs looks weird. It looks like a work in process suit (a hybrid between IV and V). Even w/o the headsculpt, Mark IV is easily the winner in my opinion.

Mark III- looks buff but looks more like a robot
Mark III BD- looks weird
Mark V- reminds me of Ultraman (japanese superhero)

So in my opinion: Mark IV (for red and gold) and Mech test (for Tony Stark).

My Favorite is the Mark IV Secret Project.

The color scheme is really cool. And its the Mark IV. It just an awesome figure.

If you are looking for the best traditional looking IM, I'd agree with everyone elese and say the Mark IV.

There's also the possibility of holding out a tiny bit longer and seeing if HT proceed with an upgraded Mark III (which I think HIGHLY likely, given HT's recent proclivity for revisiting/improving older releases - they showed off a prototype stealth suit IM which is basicly an upgraded Mark III in a different color scheme). If HT does redo the Mark III, it may include a new RDJ head sculpt and swap-out armor...who knows? Barring, that, though, probably go with the Mark IV - or wait for the Avengers Mark VII!

I would like to acquire a 'definitive' Iron Man 1/6th figure. Money isn't the problem...I want to know which figure is the best 'definitive' Iron Man figure/set from Hot Toys? Thanks!

901493_press01-001.jpg

If you're only going to get one, this would be the one to get. The Mark IV is definitely the best both in Stark likeness and armor configuration so far and it's impressive to see on display at the shows.

and just because:

tumblr_lrf25xbx5J1qlcs3mo1_500.gif

Hi tommy,

How exactly is the mark vi flimsy? Does the magnet parts fall off easily?

Thanks!

They dont fall off no but I think the amount of changeable parts contributes to the flaky feel of it.

tbh I really wouldn't even consider getting a Mark VI now, for one the prices of them are far too high and for two there's probably a 99.9% chance of a new one coming out to coincide with The Avengers film

Just a question to some IM owners, which mark would you prefer to compliment the current Cap, BW, and Thor HT?

Quick pic of my pre Avengers shelf

P1010639.jpg

Last edited:
My vote goes to the Iron Man Gantry with Mk.IV figure. This set will sell in the $450 - $500 USD range. Maybe it'll ship in April/May/June timeframe.

The Mk.IV is still my favorite for nostalgic reasons: red/gold color combo and circular chest arc reactor. The awesome head sculpt is a bonus! With the sunglasses on, he looks completely badass.

5717943776_2f25b000d8_b.jpg

Awesome guys...thanks for all the comments! If I were to do a poll, the Mk IV would be wining in a landslide. I am now seriously considering the Mk IV with the Gantry...that would be a very definitive display!

Awesome guys...thanks for all the comments! If I were to do a poll, the Mk IV would be wining in a landslide. I am now seriously considering the Mk IV with the Gantry...that would be a very definitive display!

GUY, DO IT! You won't regret it! Mark IV and gantry it's the way to go. Just trust us on this one, we're professionals!

Back