The CW's 'Beauty and the Beast'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
With all of the fairy tale goodness that is ABC's Once Upon A Time and NBC's Grimm, it looks like The CW is out to take their share of the 'pie.'

The first lead role has been cast, and it will be Kristen Kreuk of Smallville fame who plays the role of 'Catherine' (aka 'Beauty'.)

From EntertainmentWeekly.com:

EW has confirmed that Kristin Kreuk, a.k.a. Smallville‘s Lana Lang, has been cast in The CW pilot Beauty and the Beast. The show, inspired by the late ’80s Linda Hamilton-Ron Perlman series of the same name, will follow New York homicide detective Catherine (Kreuk) who discovers an unlikely ally in Vincent, a military vet turned into a beast by an experiment gone wrong. Forced underground by his appearance, the Beast acts as an avenging angel — including killing the man who murdered Catherine’s mother nine years before.
Ron Koslow, who created the original series, will return as Executive Producer alongside producers Paul Junger Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Bill Haber, and new producers (and pilot scribes) Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper. The CW’s reboot will face off against another Beast pilot ordered by ABC last month. Gary Fleder, who is directing The CW’s pilot, will also executive produce ABC’s take on the “tale as old as time.”

As mentioned above, ABC has also ordered a series based on the same concept. (And oddly enough, the director of The CW pilot will produce ABCs show.) I'm not sure how well that will work out or which series will win the ratings battle, but I guess we shall see. On a positive note, fans of the original should be glad to read that Ron Koslow, creator of the original series, will be quite involved as Executive Producer.

As a Smallville fan, seeing 'Lana Lang' back on the small screen will make it a must-see. It's been much too long.

Look for 'Beauty and the Beast' this fall.

That show was cheesy even for the 80's. What's with this big revival of fairy tale stuff all of a sudden?

My buddy and I were just talking about the 80's version the other day, with Ron Pearlman's "hair band" locks. This may be the first CW show I ever attempt to watch.

Airing in one hour. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to see Lana Lang back on small screen....well, sort of.

Just finished the premiere and I didn't get hooked like I was hoping. I've always enjoyed watching Kreuk ac,t and I liked the few scenes she shared with Ryan ('The Beast'), but other than that, it fell flat. The story dragged along and it was just too slow for my taste. It was a typical detective drama with a slight sci-fi twist. I would have enjoyed more of a backstory about Keller, but I can appreciate that Chandler is the story's main focus, hence all of her screen time. But all-in-all, it just didn't grab my interest, in large part because of the slow (and in some ways, lack thereof) character and plot development.

I may watch the next episode, but I don't expect this to be a long-term investment. Hopefully, the show picks up the pace before it's too late.

Just finished the premiere and I didn't get hooked like I was hoping. I've always enjoyed watching Kreuk ac,t and I liked the few scenes she shared with Ryan ('The Beast'), but other than that, it fell flat. The story dragged along and it was just too slow for my taste. It was a typical detective drama with a slight sci-fi twist. I would have enjoyed more of a backstory about Keller, but I can appreciate that Chandler is the story's main focus, hence all of her screen time. But all-in-all, it just didn't grab my interest, in large part because of the slow (and in some ways, lack thereof) character and plot development.

I may watch the next episode, but I don't expect this to be a long-term investment. Hopefully, the show picks up the pace before it's too late.

Thought Clark was going to walk in any second lol

Thought Clark was going to walk in any second lol

Man, I would have loved that. :lol

That would have made the whole thing worth it. The chemistry those two had on the set of Smallville was undeniable. I wish she never would have left or at least, made an appearance in the finale.

Imo they have some good shows, BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. The acting was horrid. It's an ok concept but not done well.

Back