Indiana Jones ROTLA PF sealant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budafett

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know Sideshow suggested a sealant to seal Indy's stiff cuff on his jacket for the ROTLA figure. Anyone have any suggestions for which kind/brand?

was this to prevent flaking? I was moving/poking the cuff on mine and it seemed loose enough... but then a little tiny speck popped off.

I applied it to the problem areas on the inner cuff and the edge of the cuff. DO NOT put it on the whole jacket. Basically if you have some parts of the jacket that are flaking you want to apply it to that area carefully with a brush. I used a very small thin brush. Be careful because you could pull some of the flaking off with the brush. So go very lightly. Blow on it to help it dry. Hope this helps.

He is a PM that bmarz1000 sent me to help

I used a brush and brushed on the inside and edge of the cuff. I did not go up the sleeve. You just want to put a protective layer over the problem area so it doesn't flake off. Hope this helps.

This is the first I've heard of this problem, I'll have to check mine out when I get home.

This is the first I've heard of this problem, I'll have to check mine out when I get home.

Don't touch the cuffs. I think that has been the main problem. People check the cuffs and the pick at them to look at the inside etc.... and then the coat cracks and flakes. My first Indy jacket was fine then all the horror stories came out and I went and checked the cuffs. Well I should have just left it alone. Now that is not to say that time would not have caused this issue anyway but I did help speed up the process.

I sold that one and got the TOD PF which is actually the better statue IMO but I did miss the classic Indy. So I got one from a member on this board. It came in great shape but when I was adjusting the jacket a aprt of the cuff on was stuck on his left hand and thus causing a small amount of flaking. But I used the sealent and it seems to have worked. It's like a clear protective layer.

SS really messed up with this jacket. They used something to make the cuffs stiff so to fit more naturally. However this seems to be what is making the cuffs crack and flake. I say this because it is only the cuffs that seem to have the issue and not the rest of the jacket.

There were about 20 something collectors on two different boards who noticed it. Check the cuffs on the inside of them. Many have the pleather sticking to the hand or flaking off.

Thanks JAWS, what is the brand of acrylic sealant?

I got mine from a local train model shop but you should be able to pick it up at any hobby shop.
The brand I got is Badger Precise Design Model Flex - Clear Gloss It actually looks white but clears when it dries. Make sure you stir it up well also.

Hope that helps.

I got mine from a local train model shop but you should be able to pick it up at any hobby shop.
The brand I got is Badger Precise Design Model Flex - Clear Gloss It actually looks white but clears when it dries. Make sure you stir it up well also.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for posting the brand, Jaws. :duff

Hope that helps.

Thanks JAWS

No problem guys. And a big thank you again to bmarz1000 who helped guide me through the process.

Just to give everyone an update. I put the sealent on last night. It seemed to work fine last night. I checked it again after discussing it this morning with you guys and I can say that it really seems to have worked great. I was poking and pushing a bit on the areas that I went over and there was no more flaking.

Those who have had the flaking issue know that you can't even look at the flake without a piece coming off so this really seems to have worked greatly.

They used something to make the cuffs stiff so to fit more naturally. However this seems to be what is making the cuffs crack and flake.

The problem is they folded the cuff under and used glue instead of stitching. It's the glue that's drying and becoming brittle (taking the pleather with it). If it had been sewed this wouldn't have been an issue.

Glad it worked Jaws. Enjoy it.

Back