Action Figure Night Feeder by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
Decided I wouldn't let some neg heads ruin it for the rest. Hopefully the thread will be more appreciated here than the custom section!

Here is the beginnings of my commissioned Night Feeder by Rainman :)

david1.jpg

david2.jpg

david3.jpg

david4.jpg

david5.jpg

david6.jpg

david7.jpg

david8.jpg

david9.jpg

Last edited:
Some parts I am going to bash because of time and money.

Firstly the boots. I have gone for the HT Sweeney Todd boots as they look pretty close and they look biker/goth. If you think you have a better suggestion then by all means please say

4327_1.jpg

Secondly the gloved hands. I have gone for the HT Batman gloved hands as I want to pose David like the below picture. Again if you think you have a better suggestion then please do say so. Thanks :)

kiefer-sutherland.jpg

IMG_8553-horz.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for re-posting Teddy. I was fearing those pics may be gone forever! Just jaw-dropping work there, and like I said before, I think it's as good as anything Rainman has done, sculpt-wise. You're gonna have a truly special piece when all is said and done.

Definitely looking forward to following your progress here! I am very interested in seeing this figure completed! No other suggestion from me regarding the accessories though, yours seem to be good choices!

Good luck!

Thanks for re-posting Teddy. I was fearing those pics may be gone forever! Just jaw-dropping work there, and like I said before, I think it's as good as anything Rainman has done, sculpt-wise. You're gonna have a truly special piece when all is said and done.

Thanks Kara

Well hopefully it can be enjoyed here and appreciated. I would like to share the progress very much with you guys. Rainman is truely a special artist and it only seems right to share it.

I for one am looking forward to see the finished figure. That HS is just beautiful.
Don't know what the rest of his coat looks like, but what I can see it looks a lot like the overcoat James Dean came with, the figure of him in a suit and black turtleneck and camera.

looks really amazing. Congrats on pulling the trigger on the commission. Love Rainman's work.
I could only get the Dude myself and was really disappointed not to have the $ for an alex but maybe someday I'll find one for sale on the board.
Can't wait to see the whole figure you put together.

I for one am looking forward to see the finished figure. That HS is just beautiful.
Don't know what the rest of his coat looks like, but what I can see it looks a lot like the overcoat James Dean came with, the figure of him in a suit and black turtleneck and camera.

Thanks

The outfit is being made by Rainmans tailor. It is just the boots and gloved hands I am bashing.

Excellent likeness. Can't wait to see this one put together. What happened in the customs thread?

You definitely need to keep this thread up, we've got to see how this masterpiece looks when it's complete. If some folks get jealous, tough tits. :dunno

"negative" or not, you still have people who want to see progress on the project, while others at the same time are completely entitled to suggest, based off past evidence, thier fear of you potentially selling this off when the next thing comes along, like you did mismatching your 1 of 1 bloody bill with a normal version.

On one hand, Im happy for you your getting your dream figure (of the moment) but on the other, I can't help but think it is a bit disrespectful of Rainman to post your one off commission. I've had and known of several artists who specfically ask for photos or threads not to be posted of their one off works, as it puts them in a very difficult position with regards to the rest of thier buyers. If rainman isnt one of these, then hey, more power to ya for posting. I just think its wrong for you to delete your previous thread to cover up some very valid points made by others, which by the way, were far more positive than negative)

Yes I agree the custom thread was largely positive but the last couple of pages started going off on a tangent!

Yes I sold bloody bill to fund the next rainman project but I did already have the normal version. Why can't I sell something to fund the next project by rainman if I think that is what I need to do?

Well let me tell you this won't ever be for sale, I have a bit more respect than that. I don't think I have ever been a flipper. Sometimes I have not been able to personally fund something so I have had to sell something but on the whole I personally fund. Also when I do sell I sell for what I paid for it or less!

Why can't I show this piece and it be enjoyed by collectors here? I had the dedication to make it happen so why can't it be shown? There was such low interest in this chracter in the wishlist I don't know why the problem now?

"negative" or not, you still have people who want to see progress on the project, while others at the same time are completely entitled to suggest, based off past evidence, thier fear of you potentially selling this off when the next thing comes along, like you did mismatching your 1 of 1 bloody bill with a normal version.
On one hand, Im happy for you your getting your dream figure (of the moment) but on the other, I can't help but think it is a bit disrespectful of Rainman to post your one off commission. I've had and known of several artists who specfically ask for photos or threads not to be posted of their one off works, as it puts them in a very difficult position with regards to the rest of thier buyers. If rainman isnt one of these, then hey, more power to ya for posting. I just think its wrong for you to delete your previous thread to cover up some very valid points made by others, which by the way, were far more positive than negative)

What does it matter what other people "fear", it his to do as he wishes. If he want to burn it, that's his prerogative. Since when does a collector answer to others. Is this some special club where there are rules that are to be adhered too? Reminds me of the old cliche, "Who died and made you boss?"

Loving it. Checkout the Triad Bullet Ballet 2.0 coat - looks similar and will be reasonably priced.

I'd love one too but maybe somewhere down the track it will happen.

Yes I agree the custom thread was largely positive but the last couple of pages started going off on a tangent!

Yes I sold bloody bill to fund the next rainman project but I did already have the normal version. Why can't I sell something to fund the next project by rainman if I think that is what I need to do?

Well let me tell you this won't ever be for sale, I have a bit more respect than that. I don't think I have ever been a flipper. Sometimes I have not been able to personally fund something so I have had to sell something but on the whole I personally fund. Also when I do sell I sell for what I paid for it or less!

Why can't I show this piece and it be enjoyed by collectors here? I had the dedication to make it happen so why can't it be shown? There was such low interest in this chracter in the wishlist I don't know why the problem now?

Damn! Who has bloody Bill now?
I would have taken that one off your hands.

Bill is a grail to me (I didn't even collect half a year ago) and I finally got my hands on him. I also added a Wonka while I was at it and I love both of them. Don't see myself ever selling these, but I think we all have a set price in our heads that we would sell our supposed "grails". Whether we want to admit it or not.

Back