Jack Sparrow pepper-sprayed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man... these guys always get in trouble...
:lol!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...jack-sparrow-pepper-sprayed-article-1.1016536
Hollywood Boulevard brawl leaves Captain Jack Sparrow pepper-sprayed
Catwoman on the lam after melee over possible turf war for tourists

Comments
BY LARRY MCSHANE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, February 3, 2012, 11:00 AM

The line between reality and entertainment keeps getting blurrier — just ask Capt. Jack Sparrow.

A man dressed as the nautical Johnny Depp character was pepper-sprayed during a surreal Hollywood Boulevard brawl with a second pirate, an alien and a Catwoman, Los Angeles police said.

Tourists gaped in disbelief as the combatants threw down Thursday night on the the busy stretch of sidewalk outside the Kodak Theater.

The melee among the costumed creatures was a possible turf war: They hustle tourists to pose with them for pictures on the street. Cops say the aggressive characters can sometimes get territorial.

The photos are free under L.A. law, but the tourists are permitted to tip.

The Jack Sparrow imitator was treated for minor injuries, while the three attackers fled before police arrived.

That wasn’t the case in previous disputes where cops detained a SpongeBob outside Grauman’s Chinese Theater and led a Spider-Man away in handcuffs.

Damn these idiots need to get a real job.

I remember when I was in Hollywood and I saw people taking pictures and these costumed losers were yelling and getting pissed at people for not paying them. I know that they make their living that way but really? Pay someone to take a picture with them? People are there for the fun of it and most are unaware that the costumed folks expect payment.

I took pictures of them but did not pose with any of them. If they are outside an in plain view I can take all the pictures I want of whatever I want. I actually avoided communicating with them the best I could. A lot of them try and entice you into taking photos with them and then yell at you when you don't automatically know they wanted money for it after the picture is taken.

Those costumed crazies are a joke.

Damn these idiots need to get a real job.

I remember when I was in Hollywood and I saw people taking pictures and these costumed losers were yelling and getting pissed at people for not paying them. I know that they make their living that way but really? Pay someone to take a picture with them? People are there for the fun of it and most are unaware that the costumed folks expect payment.

I took pictures of them but did not pose with any of them. If they are outside an in plain view I can take all the pictures I want of whatever I want. I actually avoided communicating with them the best I could. A lot of them try and entice you into taking photos with them and then yell at you when you don't automatically know they wanted money for it after the picture is taken.

Those costumed crazies are a joke.

The same thing happens at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy. Imagine the same thing but they barely speak english and have real metal swords. :horror

They need to enact an ordinance making those guys against the law. Nothing is more annoying when you are out with your family to see the Kodak than being harrased by some dude dressed like Homer Simpson who smells like Barney.

The same thing happens at the Coliseum in Rome, Italy. Imagine the same thing but they barely speak english and have real metal swords. :horror

Yeah and they seemed to be even pushier then the nut jobs in Hollywood. But then in Hollywood I am not a tourist so I am not as big of a target.

"That wasn’t the case in previous disputes where cops detained a SpongeBob outside Grauman’s Chinese Theater and led a Spider-Man away in handcuffs"

:lol:lol:lol

I remember in Times Square there was a Spiderman and a Dora the Exploder and Minnie mouse, all of them had the filthiest costumes Ive ever seen, lol, they had Polaroids, so you could not even take your own picture, they would sell you their crappy Polaroid

They need to enact an ordinance making those guys against the law. Nothing is more annoying when you are out with your family to see the Kodak than being harrased by some dude dressed like Homer Simpson who smells like Barney.

They tried that a few years back but it didn't hold. When I lived in Hollywood proper me and my roomates used to go down to the Kodak/Chinese Theater jus to watch all these guys, there are always fights. If you're not a tourist it can be pretty damn funny.

Back