Washing Machine Repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My washing machine doesn't agitate, spin, or drain. The motor makes no sound either. If there are any Freaks who can help me out on how to fix this I would be very appreciative. Even monetarily. :panic:

605333.jpg
;)

Pretty good. I know how to get the frame off. :lol

:lol Perfect! What make is yours? Kenmore? Whirlpool? Pretty much here is the run down for most top-down loaders:

illustration-washer-repair-update-1a.gif

You should try flipping it on it's back and examining the motor pulley, the motor itself, and see if you can spot any problems, i.e. leaking oil, etc.

Its a roper, which I think is made by Whirlpool. I didn't spot any leaks at all. No pieces of rubber or plastic either. I don't think the couplings are broken either. I am worried the motor burned out or some such.

Washer is 6 years old. We still have the manual but it isn't much help.

Its a roper, which I think is made by Whirlpool. I didn't spot any leaks at all. No pieces of rubber or plastic either. I don't think the couplings are broken either. I am worried the motor burned out or some such.

Washer is 6 years old. We still have the manual but it isn't much help.

Definitely sounds like the motor...one other thing to check is the lid switch... you know how when you have the lid up then the washer doesn't spin, agitate, etc? Maybe the switch has been dislodged or damaged somehow and the machine thinks the lid is up and therefore not starting the motor. At least it's a good sign that it is filling up with water though..worth a shot!

Try playing with the lid switch and see if anything happens...

Definitely sounds like the motor...one other thing to check is the lid switch... you know how when you have the lid up then the washer doesn't spin, agitate, etc? Maybe the switch has been dislodged or damaged somehow and the machine thinks the lid is up and therefore not starting the motor. At least it's a good sign that it is filling up with water though..worth a shot!

Try playing with the lid switch and see if anything happens...

yeah I goofed off with the switch with no result. Sigh... I guess I have to go out and buy a motor. Thanks for the help. :wave

yeah I goofed off with the switch with no result. Sigh... I guess I have to go out and buy a motor. Thanks for the help. :wave

Maybe the switch died...it's pretty common, and they are really inexpensive to replace. I'd look at that as a possibility before you go and dish out a crazy amount for a new motor.

Glad to help though, good luck :wave

At certain times of the year we have a huge problem with little black ants. Well one time, our washing machine stopped working, so when we pulled the panel off the top, we found it was full of ants. They had eaten through the wires and circuit boards. True story.

At certain times of the year we have a huge problem with little black ants. Well one time, our washing machine stopped working, so when we pulled the panel off the top, we found it was full of ants. They had eaten through the wires and circuit boards. True story.

Pics or it didn't happen! :panic:

Back