Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boromir

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'd like to know which characters your most interested in beeing made?

My top 5 are:
- High Elven Warrior (with Sword)
- Lurtz (full armor & bow)
- Sauron
- Faramir (Gondorian armor, as a companion piece to Boromir)
- Haldir (full armor)

Cheers

Last edited:
Re: What Maquettes should be made next?

Tom Bombadil ;)

but first:

Frodo, Samwise, Peregrin, and Meriadoc! :D

Last edited:

I'll be selective with this line so mine would be-

Mouth of Sauron on Steed
Cave Troll
Uruk hai (Helms deep armour)
Theoden on Snowmane
Bilbo Baggins

Ringwraith was my most wanted but that wish has been granted :)

Gotta go with the Hobbits!

An in-scale Treebeard?

Even tho I'm into this line for the long haul, I agree with sigep756...I want the 9 members of the fellowship, so Hobbits please. :monkey3

:duff
Bill

this question is really a no brainer. why would you want something else when most die hard LOTR fans have been waiting for years to have the original fellowship completed. we waited for it in the 1/6 scale line and it failed. we waited for it in the PF line and it miserably failed. and this could be the first line that will complete the 9. so of course the most logical thing to expect next would be for sideshow to make the hobbits. especially that the movie is coming out this year. so enough said......let me say this slowly so no one will misunderstand me. H-----O------B--------B--------I--------T---------S.

I'm not going to allow myself to think about any other potential releases in this line until we get the hobbits. I've got to stay focused on getting my complete Fellowship, then I'll get carried away by all the other character possibilities.

Frodo/Sam
Merry/Pippin
Eomer on Steed
Large Balrog
Theoden in armor

I'm going to agree with Josh, pretty much!

Once the Fellowship is complete, I'd love to see an armored Theoden. And if they want to give us a mounted figure--hopefully one that hasn't been done before--then Eomer gets my vote, for sure. I'd also definitely want to see Saruman soon after the hobbits, as well as Faramir and Eowyn.

Wormtongue and Lurtz and Gothmog would also be on my list, with King of the Dead and Mouth of Sauron and Galadriel being relatively low priorities but still something I'd buy. My completism would probably be tested if they got too far into nameless supporting orcs, but they really seem to be better suited to the PF line. I'd like to see the maquette line focus primarily on named characters. For example, give us Prologue Elrond or Helm's Deep Haldir instead of the corresponding nameless soldier designs.

And has any collectible company ever put out anything at all with Denethor's name on it?

But, of course, first things first--COMPLETE THE FELLOWSHIP!!!

I'm going to agree with Josh, pretty much!

Once the Fellowship is complete, I'd love to see an armored Theoden. And if they want to give us a mounted figure--hopefully one that hasn't been done before--then Eomer gets my vote, for sure. I'd also definitely want to see Saruman soon after the hobbits, as well as Faramir and Eowyn.

Wormtongue and Lurtz and Gothmog would also be on my list, with King of the Dead and Mouth of Sauron and Galadriel being relatively low priorities but still something I'd buy. My completism would probably be tested if they got too far into nameless supporting orcs, but they really seem to be better suited to the PF line. I'd like to see the maquette line focus primarily on named characters. For example, give us Prologue Elrond or Helm's Deep Haldir instead of the corresponding nameless soldier designs.

And has any collectible company ever put out anything at all with Denethor's name on it?

But, of course, first things first--COMPLETE THE FELLOWSHIP!!!

A new Armored Theoden would be awesome! I was talking with Sideshow and let them know that at no point has a Rider and Steed piece been done representing a character from Rohan. They're the horse people after all and so I said either Theoden or Eomer would be just fine. A new Saruman would be something I'd want as well maybe him leaning on his staff from ROTK. Yes, we need an official Faramir as well and an Eowyn as Eowyn.

I know we got Lurtz as a PF but a statue of him I think is a must at somepoint as well. I do think people would jump at the chance to get that especially since the PF is hard to get. The Mouth of Sauron is another character that we need to get something other than a bust and a second KOTD statue would go well I think. Haldir would be fine choice at somepoint since he's never gotten anything done.

I would like to see a random elf, Rohirrim, and Gondorian soldiers as they all have beautiful armor. So if those can be done at somepoint that would be gravy.

No, nothing of Denethor has ever been done. I'd love to see them do something of him sitting on the Stewards throne holding the Horn of Gondor in his lap.

Frodo/Sam
Merry/Pippin
Armored Theoden
Eowyn
Saruman

I'd add Faramir/Eomer but I'm sure I remember reading both are already in development.

Once I have all of the hobbits,
Faramir
Mouth of Sauron on steed

do we really need start the same thread every week?

anyway the answer is:

H O B B I T S

i will take them in singles, pairs, groups, with gollum, with horse, no horse, dressed in orc armor. Anything...just make some god damn hobbits please...

Fellowship Pippin
Eomer on steed
Lurtz in armor (similar to PF)
Mordor Orc (similar to PF)

And Denthor would be a bit boring, but is an important character. So why not!

And plenty of others :)

I'm sure they know that Denethor wouldn't sell, and there's not much they could do with the character in the maquette line, but he has been pretty much entirely overlooked in the collectibles market and it would be nice to see him get a little attention. Every time I watch Fringe, I expect Walter to say, "Bring wood and oil!"

But all this speculation can wait until after we get the hobbits!

The question is, when Sideshow is going to show some of the Hobbits?

In the 12 days of Sideshow were completely forgotten.

I have a lot of faith in this line, but my priority now is to complete the Community.

After that I would like to focus on sideshow characters like Elrond, Galadriel, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir, Theoden, Eowyn, Bilbo etc. .....

The dark side of me would love a Saruman, but beasts and I'm sure sales will be very large Balrog. And do not forget a Cave Troll I think we also have wide acceptance.

I'm hoping the next Maquettes are: Denethor, Faramir, Eowyn and generic Haradrim Soldier. (Basically all characters that I have no intention of getting so my bank account can get a break :lol) This whole Legolas, Gimli, and Boromir in the span of a couple months is great if you have unlimited funds, if not it's a little tough on the wallet. After a bit of a break in the action I would like to see (in no particular order) a Helms Deep Armored Uruk-Hai, Moria Orc, Saruman, Twilight Witch-King, Battle Troll, Morgul Lord, Ringwraith on Steed, King of the Dead, Balrog and course the Hobbits to round out the Fellowship.

Back