Who will be the SDCC 2012 Sideshow Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be this year's Sideshow Joe Exclusive at Comicon?

• Shockwave (repainted Beachhead with new gear)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shadow Guard (repainted Crimson Guard in black)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Scrap Iron (repainted Viper EX with missle system)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Grunt (kitbash of Hawk, Duke and other Joes)

• Storm Shadow (urban camo Joe version)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Stinger Driver (repainted Cobra Officer in grey)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hawk v1 (Blonde hair, no jacket, Stalker's sweater, helmet with visor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert Cobra Trooper (repainted Cobra Trooper)

• Another Ninja (boo!!!)

• None of the Above (Please post your ideas)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davestro

Freaked Out
Reaction score
It's fun projecting who Sideshow will give the Joe treatment to next. One of those times is during the San Diego Comicon in July. Normally, SSC does a repaint of some sort of an already done character. In the past, they have done Crimson Cobra Commander (red version of the original CC) and the Ninja Viper (OD green version of the Red Ninja).

Who do you think SSC is gonna repaint for this year's Con? I put some possibilities - feel free to post for those I didn't think of!

Maybe a repaint of the Viper. He's been out for a bit now and they could have already gone into production for some kind of variant. Could also go with another Ninja since that would be easy and Ninja's are cool.

Voted Shockwave/Shockblast...repaint BH in navy and urban camo, give him a helmet and a cap, give him Firefly's SMG painted in black or navy, dual holsters/pistols and a knife/sheath on the inside of the left boot and you got him.

shockwave.jpg

Yet those are really what comic-con exclusives are simple repaints made that if fans want they can get and if skipped nothing is lost.

A little early for speculating, but I'll bite. The Viper being such an awesome figure, I wouldn't mind a Python Patrol Viper in black.

Like Josh said, the SDCC exclusive will be repaints / variants. So as much as you'd like to see Shockblast / Shockwave, it's not going to happen.

But I'll gladly order one and eat my words if it does.

I doubt it would be Scrap Iron, Shock Wave, or urban Storm Shadow since Sideshow would do those as full releases. It will be a ninja, trooper, or Crimson Guard repaint.

Wow, lot of good selections, I voted Scrap Iron out of that group, but alot could be made in the regular run, It will probably be a viper repaint like sand viper.

I think it'll be the Shadow Guard since it seems to follow the patterning.

I voted "none of the above" because I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one this next year, with them split 4 ways between figures, PF's, dios and statues.

I think Shockwave might have a chance...he's not a mainstream character like any of the OG13 and would be a straight up repaint of BH. Plus, Sideshow said he was a possibility.

I don't think they'll skip out this year, it being the 30th anniversary and the movie hitting in the summer prior to SDCC.

Other than using similar patterns like the other Joes, I don't see Shockwave being a straight up repaint.

I'm gonna guess Python Patrol Viper. Though Swamp Trooper (green), Aqua Trooper (light blue), and Polar Trooper (white) aren't out of the question.

I know at one point Sideshow said they were working on Shockwave. And then I think later it was cancelled/postponed. So he is enitrely possible still, but I don't think as a SDCC exclusive. All the Joe EXs have been variants. So I think the variant choices are more likely, but I'm not sure any of the ones one the list sound just right.

I"m going with Storm Shadow. Love me some ninjas. Either SS or Snake Eyes...I'd jump on another Snake Eyes but I'd doubt Sideshow would make him an exclusive.

Back