Who's Buying / Not Buying the Iron Man Mark 1 2.0 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which applies to you?

• Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • Nope, i have/had the original and don't feel the need to bother with this

Votes: 51 16.5%
  • Yep, i missed/skipped the original and wasn't willing to buy it from ebay

Votes: 151 48.9%
  • Nope, i'm bored with Iron Man now.

Votes: 66 21.4%

• Total voters
Chose the last one, but not because im bored, im just happy with the Mk IV.
i dont want duplicate characters on my shelf, and i know if i get the MkI i'll be tempted to get the other suits as well :lol

Picked the first option. This is one of my favorite suits, besides the Mark V. I like the new HS and new paint apps. Will be displaying the original Mark I in the hall of armor once it get released.

Chose 3rd. There should've been a Yep, i missed/skipped the original and was waiting for HT to release a 'better' version too :)

Talking about rereleases, saw Absolute Hush - New Printing on DC site, for $99.99. I remember purchasing it for $50 in 2006. Don't really know if that ever happened in print media. Guess everyone's going HT's way after all.

Keeping the original. It still looks superb and I'll never display it mask up so not arsed about the new sculpt...

3- I had several chances to get one back then and skiped I just dident like the movie I only like the escape seen.Im glade their is a new and improved version for a second chance.

I got into the hobby when the MARK 1 was beginning to get too expensive for what it was worth to me personally. I have the Mark II, BD III, and Mark 4. Also War Machine. I'm only getting it now to finish up having the first 4 marks. Other than that I'm done with Iron man. The Mark 5 and 6 are great, but I like what I have and don't feel I need anymore.

No. I have the original and don't feel the need to get this one. I'd like to get the head and switch it out, but if it's over $40, and it almost definitely will be, I don't think I'll even bother with it.

None of the above.
Just waiting for the ultimate MarkIII figure (the only version of costume I want) and that's it.

Just waiting for the ultimate MarkIII figure (the only version of costume I want) and that's it.

:exactly: The Mark II - VI suits are out of scale IMO. With the popularity of the IM license, I doubt HT will change the sculpts therefore, I have given up on IM. Mark I is the only suit in scale but it isn't the suit I want to own. Eh well......

Undecided option?

Keeping the original. It still looks superb and I'll never display it mask up so not arsed about the new sculpt...

Thing is, there was no excuse to have an inferior sculpt like the original back in 2008. They had the technology/skill for it but chose not to.

I really want to get this, but money and space will not permit. If I bought every Iron Man release I'd have to kick my roommates out for more display space:lol. I've also decided to focus my collection on 1/6 Star Wars.

I'm definitely buying. I turned down the chance to buy Mk I for £100 back in the day, thinking I'd be content with just Mk III or I'd just buy it later if I changed my mind but being foolishly new to the hobby back then, I didn't know how much there prices can rise. I feel this is an undeserved 2nd chance just like with the new Mk II :yess:

I have just about everything IM, just did not collect HT since quality was not up to my standards.
However now the HT are much much better

option 1 can have 2 options:

1a. Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this so i can have both versions. What's money?

2b. Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this new one and sell the old one. I buy Hot Toys for that distinct new toy aroma.

Back