"No Name" bodies***REVIEW LINK ON Page 1***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olbertfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
REVIEWED BY MAGLOR!
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4193510#post4193510

From headplay seller on Ebay
By the way, this body is not related to headplay, this is custom-made brand.

****IMPORTANT INFOS
These bodies were at $14.99 a few hours ago, after some sales Headplay incrased the price to $19.99.
Looks like he might not stop there...
I recommend my fellow freaks to not buy from now on.
First to not support Headplay methods and second because we don't know yet what the quality is.
Few fellow freaks have already ordered lets wait for their reviews.
Thanks****

****PRECISIONS BEFORE STATING THESE ARE BOOTLEGS RECASTS OR WHATEVER...
The body that came with the METAL BOSS figure was regarded as a rip off Hot Toys at first but details like the proportions and knee joints showed that it was not, it was a different body. These new body may look like HT but some details might make them different too.
I'm all wait and see for now...
If mods think it's unauthorized to discuss these, please lock or delete the thread.
Thanks****

Headplay is now entering the body race.
It's clear that those bodies are "inspired" by the Hot toys narrow and advanced bodies.
They are saying that they are 90% Similar to Hot Toys bodies and with better quality than TTL Body.

Advanced and Narrow in caucasian and african.
They all seem to have :
- 5 Hands (Relaxed Palm + Holding Gun)
- 2 Detachable Thigh Muscles
- 2 Styles Neck Joints
African have both a pointy neck joint, not sure why.
And they seem to use the same new knee joints that Hot toys have in their recent bodies, better that the old ____ty ones that broke all the time.

476166705_1444597105.jpg

476163876_1444597105.jpg

476159938_1444597105.jpg

476174552_1444597105.jpg

476174560_1444597105.jpg

476174578_1444597105.jpg

476179213_1444597105.jpg

476174585_1444597105.jpg

476174621_1444597105.jpg

476176408_1444597105.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Headplay bodies

406016_209999299084224_100002224677271_442872_377611801_n.jpg

397774_209999352417552_100002224677271_442875_912103325_n.jpg

401696_209999395750881_100002224677271_442877_217103350_n.jpg

Hope they are as good as they say.
Only product i have from themis the MetalBoss figure and it's awesome, safe for the body wich was not sturdy as hot toys and had diferent knees joints but it was ok...
These seem to better already.

Last edited:

The body that came with the METAL BOSS figure was regarded as a rip off Hot Toys but details like the knee joints showed that it was not also the proportions were different.

These new body may look like HT but some details might make them different too.

More bodies on the market at an affordable price, works for me :yess:

The only difference I can spot without holding a HT directly next to it is that their Bruce Willis head doesn't seem to fit properly. :dunno

Yep link don't work but managed to buy one just a second ago since my browser was open on it.
Ebay asked me the log in to finish transaction, tought it was going to not appears but it worked.
Well we will see...

****PRECISIONS BEFORE STATING THESE ARE BOOTLEGS RECASTS OR WHATEVER...
The body that came with the METAL BOSS figure was regarded as a rip off Hot Toys at first but details like the proportions and knee joints showed that it was not, it was a different body. These new body may look like HT but some details might make them different too.
Thanks***

And they use the same new knee joints that Hot toys uses in their recent bodies, better that the old ____ty ones that broke all the time.

Contradiction, much?

eh, the one thing i hated about the metal boss figure was the body. even if they did change or tweak a few things, if its similar to the metal boss body, then it's still crap.

oh yeah, these bodies should be a bit taller than Hot Toys.

hehateme23,
Thats what i said.
But i would not call the metal boss body crap (we are spoiled by HT stuff) but it was just ok
Definitly not getting anymore body from Headplay if they are the same as the one from Metal Boss.

Contradiction, much?

What contradiction?
Read properly please and don't take parts of phrases to make your point.

The metal boss body HAS different knees.
Not at all like HOT TOYS ones.

These new bodies seems to have the same knees as the Hot toys one.

No contradiction whatsoever...

I get that you're already getting on the "lets burn Headplay train" i respect your take.
I'm not working for them i'm informing my fellow collectors.
Don't antagonise me.
I'm not here for that.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Someone can put pictures from this bodies and the HT in that way we can see the diference. :)

What contradiction?
Read properly please and don't take parts of phrases to make your point.

The metal boss body HAS different knees.
Not at all like HOT TOYS ones.

These new bodies seems to have the same knees as the Hot toys one.

No contradiction whatsoever...

You stated these bodies are different from HT, for one the knees. Next, you say they use the same knees at HT's new bodies. :dunno

I'm not saying Metal Boss' body is a bootleg, as they were apparantly different from HT, but now HP went ahead and replaced the knees to be more like HT's? So much for 90% different if that's the case.

Thing is, you're talking that Metal Boss is different from HT, and that that means these are different too, while they're a different body with alterations.

Great news.
I really don't care if this is HT recast or not. HT truetypes are sooooooooooo overpriced at $50-60+ pre-shipped range nowadays. It's their own fault. Their prices are getting crazy & there is a niche for young companies from China on the market. They got a lot of that stuff. And they are all playing dirty. HT started with unlicensed stuff too, don't forget about that.

You stated these bodies are different from HT, for one the knees. Next, you say they use the same knees at HT's new bodies. :dunno

I'm not saying Metal Boss' body is a bootleg, as they were apparantly different from HT, but now HP went ahead and replaced the knees to be more like HT's? So much for 90% different if that's the case.

Again you are not reading right.
Let me spell that out for you.

I said that at first from the pictures the METAL BOSS BODY was regarded as a HT recast.
Also the pastic was different and the proportions too.
Once in hand you could see that the knees were different from HT.

Then i say that THESE NEW BODIES could be the same as THE METAL BOSS BODY.
They look like HT recasts but once in hand they could have differences.
Maybe not the knees this time maybe something else.
Like you noted they say it's 90% same as HT, who knows what is the difference...

Don't put word in my mouth i never said these new bodies are different from HT, i said they MIGHT be different based on the METAL BOSS BODY story.
Finaly i said that the knees on these new bodies LOOK LIKE the knees on the new HT bodies.
I don't have these new bodies i'm making assuption from pictures, like those who saying they are recasts...

The foreword to my post is very clear you're the only one who don't seem to get it.

Last edited:

100 years from now, historians will look at statements like this and be able to pin-point exactly how America became China's _____.

Hot Toys are made in china too.
Like most of the 1/6 stuff so don't really see the point of putting america into this...

Back