Have you read The Lord of the Rings or just seen the movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you read The Lord of the Rings

• Total voters
I've read the books (including appendices) multiple times. Usually every other time I read them, I tend to skip over the songs early on (shame on me). I will read the books about every other year, and I have watched the extended editions about once a year. I also tend to get into a serious LOTR mode where I watch the appendices to the films about once a year or so.

I still haven't made my way through all of the Silmarillion though:(

I've read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (including the appendices) every year for the last decade. Sometimes, I've even read them twice a year but I've not done that for quite some time. For me these are must reads ever year and something I look forward to as the year starts to wind down.

I've read some of the Silmarillion but never made it through either. However, this time I'm reading it and will make it all the way through.

Been reading LOTR annually since 1967. I read Hobbit much less (not as enamored of it as LOTR, but I do pick it up every once in a while to get back to Middle-earth from another perspective). I read the Sil about every other year, as well as Book of Lost Tales, etc., that are other bits and pieces of the P'fessor's stuff.

I know. I know. :lol

I'm going to read through it this time. I feel differently about reading through it this time than in the past. One reason why and I did this during my reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings was I listened to the EE soundtracks. That just adds to the feeling for me.

I know. I know. :lol

I'm going to read through it this time. I feel differently about reading through it this time than in the past. One reason why and I did this during my reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings was I listened to the EE soundtracks. That just adds to the feeling for me.

I do the exact same thing. :hi5:

On average I read the LOTR at least once every other year. I've read the Hobbit twice in my 50 years. The Silmarillion bores me to tears lol.
The LOTR is the best book I have ever read bar none! :lecture

Don't give up on the Sil. I'm a voracious reader and it took me 3 or 4 tries before I finally got through it. There are parts of it that are just absolutely inspirational.

I've read the books multiple times, but can't remember if I read the appendicies. Surely I did at least once.

I don't read them annually, but maybe I should because I've started so many books and lost interest in them before finishing. These and HP I can read over and over.

In a first pass I read the Fellowship and liked it but was kind of meh about Two Towers. I remember reading Return of the King in high school for an assignment and kind of struggled to keep my interest in that.

I did though watch the movies and love them and it helped in returning to the books and reading them outright but without them I don't think I would have.

read them multiple times, and somehow, i find The Hobbits more fascinating than LOTR trilogy, weird eh? I didn't mean LOTR not interesting books, a lot cooler than Harry Potter actually...but still, The Hobbits is better, i think

and, sorry for the stupid question, what is TE and EE?

I've read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (including the appendices) every year for the last decade. Sometimes, I've even read them twice a year but I've not done that for quite some time. For me these are must reads ever year and something I look forward to as the year starts to wind down.

I've read some of the Silmarillion but never made it through either. However, this time I'm reading it and will make it all the way through.

You're not my 70 yr old uncle in disguise, are you?
Because this is exactly what he says....word for word.

:lol:lol

Back