Custom German Mechanic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is an easy quick custom... I need to flesh out some minor details on it.. but you get the idea here... not 100% happy with the way the head sits on the neck.. neck needs to be lowered and I have already cut down the ball joint as low as you can.. may have to glue the head directly to the neck and lose all articulation... anyhoo.... the head is a piece from Loading Toys.. forget the character name, but it is of the actor :The Rock".. (Dwayne whatever).. but the head comes with a huge goatee that I had to dremel off then repaint the area of his chin... obviously a HT muscle body.. some old DML Afrika Korps pants, Did brand leather gloves, lace up boots, and gaiters.. dusted it all up with fuller's earth.. to be 100% accurate I would need pants without back pockets and the gaiters need canvas straps instead of leather... eventually I may fix that.. or just move on :) .........pardon the photo... gives a really yellowy tint to the head.. which is not like that at all..

photofcu.jpg

Looking great mate and as for the height of the neck instead of toucking the neck have you thought about dremeling the inside of the head so it will sit lower that's what I've done on alot of my figures.

Ron

Still going back and forth if I want to display him as such, taking off his gloves.. or use balled fists and go back and paint on the bloody mouth / nose / splatter down his shoulder...

He looks pretty scrawny and I'm not feeling the head choice. Great job on the other parts.

I was looking into HT bodies at one time and I thought the Odin type body might work for this custom -- Oden with arm sleeves or, if you can find one, a Barney Ross and paint over the tattoos. Also whiplash I think. They all have thicker midsections. Although you may still not get the overall girth.

I've got my own crazy custom of this guy going on but I'm in a seemingly perminant holding pattern waiting for frickin' properly scaled fists to come my way from a friend. If I could just get those, and arrange for a painter, I could finish this guy.

wor-gar... the HT superman has good fists... check ebay... I seriously need to reshoot this figure with my DSLR (above pic was with camera phone).. this pic makes it look awkward.. really elongated and yellow.. the actual figure looks a hell of a lot better.. and the headsculpt (when not distorted) is actually a decent likeness.. at least better than any other option I have found out there... may try and photograph it again tomorrow... also have a Cairo Swordsman on the bench right now :) Hope to have some substantial wok done on it through the week..

Great custom. Maybe the t2 body for this one?

Last edited:
Considering the ACI or Kaustic plastic muscle body.. they both appear beefier... just have not found any reviews comparing them to the HT muscle body for size

I was half tempted to pick up the tan luftwaffe flight suit that DML did here recently and no a custom of Frank Marshall in his role of the flying wing pilot.... super easy custom.. but I may be going overboard with peripheral characters :lol

Back