Who Do You Hope to See from Sideshow in 2012?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you hope get's the Sideshow treatment from the G.I. Joe license in 2012?

• Snake-Eyes v1 (Commando)

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Cobra Commander v1 (Battle Helmet)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Major Bludd

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Roadblock

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Scarlett

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Snow Job

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Gung Ho

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Destro v1

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Grunt

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Ace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davestro

Freaked Out
Reaction score
With the 12 Days of Sideshow ongoing (I think they revealed a Storm Shadow statue, but no 1/6th figures...yet), who do you hope to see done for 2012?

So far, we have Rock 'n' Roll, Zartan, Crimson Guard and the Black Shadow Ninja coming out the first quarter of the year. Who will Sideshow do with the G.I. Joe license next?

I've created a poll based on rumor, gossip and my own personal wants. Feel free to add to the list your favorites you hope get done!

1/6

Main releases, Snow Job, Major Bludd, Destro and Low-Light.

Rehash, we'll prolly see a black version of the Crimson Guard for SDCC. Which would be silly to still call him Crimson . . .

PF, statue, dios - wtf cares.

I think we need some color on our shelves and would love to see a Blowtorch! He was one of the first few figs I had as a child. He must have brought out the pyro in me though, one foot got torched and blackened. I just hope that I'm not alone in wanting to equip a modern flamethrower instead of another rifle.

1/6

Main releases, Snow Job, Major Bludd, Destro and Low-Light.

Rehash, we'll prolly see a black version of the Crimson Guard for SDCC. Which would be silly to still call him Crimson . . .

PF, statue, dios - wtf cares.

Yeah, Low Light would be a no-brainer...his load out would probably be better than Beachhead's with all the stuff they could give him.

I have heard the idea of the Shadow Guard being a 2012 SDCC exclusive (since all have been alternative colored previous releases). A Mercer using Viper and Joe parts would also be cool, but he is a lesser character in the mythos so might not get done, but hey they did the Ninja Viper so anything goes. I'd hate for them to do a Tiger Force or Python Patrol figure, though. That would really be milking it...

I think we need some color on our shelves and would love to see a Blowtorch! He was one of the first few figs I had as a child. He must have brought out the pyro in me though, one foot got torched and blackened. I just hope that I'm not alone in wanting to equip a modern flamethrower instead of another rifle.

They mention that Blowtorch is a Sideshow designer's favorite Joe, so that is a potential as well. It would be cool to do maybe a mixture of the olive and yellow/red versions to give him a more "modern, real world" feel that they have done so far.

I'd love to see SSC do Ace similiar to this guy..

91930d1316111428-official-sideshow-skystriker-pilot-ace-request-thread-hot_toys_f_14_tomcat_aviator_01.jpg

They mention that Blowtorch is a Sideshow designer's favorite Joe, so that is a potential as well. It would be cool to do maybe a mixture of the olive and yellow/red versions to give him a more "modern, real world" feel that they have done so far.

I could see that happening too. He was one of the first colorful figs, way before the late 80's neon craze that made me stop collecting. I was always ok with his colors though, guess there was no point in trying to hide yourself when laying waste with 50 foot streams of fire though...

Last edited:
I could see that happening too. He was one of the first colorful figs, way before the late 80's neon craze that made me stop collecting. I was always ok with his colors though, guess there was no point in trying to hide yourself when laying waste with 50 foot streams of fire though...

They could do something similiar to this, maybe have him wear an olive drab jumpsuit with the yellow/red padding over it.

blowtorch4.jpg

I'd love to see...

Destro
Snowjob
Mutt
Major Bludd
Gung-Ho

I voted for Major Bludd. We know Destro is in the works, so no need to waste a vote on something we know is coming. And Hasbro has proven Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander variants will always sell, so its only a matter of when, not if, we'll get Commando Snake Eyes and Chrome Dome Cobra Commander. So Major Bludd got my vote. He's got an eye patch, mechanical arm, and a mustache! What's not to love?! :lol

Back