Custom Mac... (work in progress)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Even though KOTCS is not my favorite Indy film by any stretch.. I really liked the character of Mac.. or at least the potential of this character.. I'd love to see a novel written about his and Indy's exploits during the war as spies... anyway.. the parts for this have been sitting in a bin for two years now... just started futzing with it this afternoon since I finished my last belt/holster order I had on my agenda.. (note.. if you have ordered from me recently.. your stuff is DONE.. just got to get to the post office :) )
As for this figure.. really wish that there were accurate boots out there.. but as his character wore very distinct and original boots that is simply not a possibility... and of course his head needs an entirely new paint job.. eye color is wrong and he is ridiculously pale for Mac... and his hat needs to be fitted correctly.. (it is on the thread spool bottom right)

img2768ol.jpg

I'd still LOVE to figure out a way to make those kick ass laced leather boots he wore.... I have also always wanted to do some kind of diorama of Indy and Mac doing a spy mission in Europe during the war... idea was the two of them under some kind of stone stairway with a NAzi officer in a black leather trench coat on the stairs... would be a big display though... gotta work on that one day :)

Great idea...nazis, i hate these guys :)..like the mac you made..love to see where you take him from here

By the way..didn't you guys think when indy says: "russians"..he was going to say "i hate these guys" and they cut it out? Always felt like that to me

I'd still LOVE to figure out a way to make those kick ass laced leather boots he wore.... I have also always wanted to do some kind of diorama of Indy and Mac doing a spy mission in Europe during the war... idea was the two of them under some kind of stone stairway with a NAzi officer in a black leather trench coat on the stairs... would be a big display though... gotta work on that one day :)

That would be a very cool looking dio for sure. and not 100% accurate but these boots might be ok with you cut the top section off.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Toys-First-Avenger-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-Figure-1-6-BOOTS-/220878991373?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336d69f00d

Ron

I can not stand the character of Mac and I didn't care for the actor's portrayal, but you're doing a great job.

I think I was just intrigued by the idea of Indy and a cohort running clandestine operations during the war... plus Mac possessed some of the edgier characteristics that Indy had initially in Raiders.. a bit more reckless.. he drank.. more of a loose canon.. Lucas pretty much castrated the Indy character by KOTCS... I didn't like the way they flip flopped the character's allegiance during the movie.. in the end I think I am speaking more towards the idea of the character.. former clandestine agent.. somewhat of a mercenary type.. the character had potential... like I said above, an expanded universe type novel about their missions in the war (Flensburg for example) could be a really fun read if the right person wrote it..

Like you said before...i also liked the potential of the character..not the flipping sides all the time...

Btw..Merrrryyyyy christmaaaaasssss! :clap

I think I was just intrigued by the idea of Indy and a cohort running clandestine operations during the war... plus Mac possessed some of the edgier characteristics that Indy had initially in Raiders.. a bit more reckless.. he drank.. more of a loose canon.. Lucas pretty much castrated the Indy character by KOTCS... I didn't like the way they flip flopped the character's allegiance during the movie.. in the end I think I am speaking more towards the idea of the character.. former clandestine agent.. somewhat of a mercenary type.. the character had potential... like I said above, an expanded universe type novel about their missions in the war (Flensburg for example) could be a really fun read if the right person wrote it..

Mfisher - try afrika Korps boots and repaint them. My Mac figure is wearing 21st century toys brand boots repainted and they look perfect

Good idea Earl... Did and Soldier story did actual cloth / lace up DAK boots... at one time I considered buying a pair and trying to rebuild the uppers with real leather... but chickened out !

21st century boots and old dragon ones are all rubber which works great for just a reprint. Try justice fighters when he gets back from vacation. Your figure looks awesome. I need an accurate Thompson like yours

Back