Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneWolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Rambo: The Last Stand [2013]

Rambo's gotta die. But besides that, I thought that while the script was turned in in October, Stallone has already hung up the bandanna. :huh

*Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/rambo-stand-scripted/
*Excerpt from one of the articles in the 1st post:

Right after the release of Rambo, the fourth film to feature Sylvester Stallone‘s iconic Vietnam War veteran character, it seemed like a fifth film was a foregone conclusion. Last year, however, the writer/actor/director reversed his position, saying ““I think Rambo’s pretty well done. I don’t think there’ll be any more.” It seems like he was concerned about appearances more than the lack of a compelling story. “For Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don’t want that to happen…I’m very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn’t pull any punches on it.”

But now Sean Hood, the Conan the Barbarian screenwriter, says he’s met with Stallone a couple times over the last year, and has completed a draft of a script called Rambo: Last Stand

We don’ t know what the book was, but Empire does say that the current script isn’t based on any of the ideas that have been reported in the past couple years. So it isn’t a Mexican/South American actioner featuring a drug cartel, or the sci-fi-like Savage Hunt story.

But there’s a little more info:

It’s more in line with the small-town thriller of First Blood. [...] As of now, I don’t know whether Mr Stallone will actually do it. Right now, as I understand it, he has his hands full with Bullet to the Head and Expendables 2. But Millennium films did hire me to complete the screenplay and realise his story, and my hope is that he’ll eventually be inspired to do one more Rambo film, with the tone of Clint Eastwood’s Unforgiven.

*Excerpt from one of the articles in the 1st post:

I get that, but from what I've read recently, is that the script was finished anyway, despite Stallone's statements. This may very well be just wishful thinking on the part of the studio as, a script, does not a movie, make.

Ah, ok.. That remains to be seen, I guess. Sly always wanted to explore Rambo's character more. Maybe the script wouldn't be in the continuity of the Quadrilogy, but a one-shot? It's all up in the air anyway, and we'll see how it goes.

If this doesn't happen, they just wasted money for paying that Writer to draft up the script.

^^Because it's not yet out (out in 2013), and it's still in production.
Got some links in the 1st post for more information about the project.

Stallone needs to let it go, IMO. Part 4 had the perfect ending to the franchise.

Agreed, Part 4 was great and a nice ending...but knowing Sly, there will be tons more Expendables, Rockys and Rambos :lol

Or Expendables 10: Age-old Conflict :lol

Hot Toys will be releasing the figure: MMS 888339 Barney Ross, featuring movie accurate sculpting of Stallone with precise wrinkles and folds :lol

Hot Toys will be releasing the figure: MMS 888339 Barney Ross, featuring movie accurate sculpting of Stallone with precise wrinkles and folds :lol

w/Sideshow Exclusive:

Barney: Tennis Ball leg caps for Barney's Walker!
Trench: Replaceable colostomy bag with "full" effect!

bedpans and catheters lmao - seriously though I love both those guys and would probably watch whatever they put out regardless of how old they get. Stoked for EX2 and Last Stand and would definately watch another Rambo if it happened.

Here he is post-Rambo 5/6/7...

Old-Rambo-4-36589.jpg

While waiting for an update on the production of Rambo 5, anybody know Raoul Moat? Made the UK news and his 'situation' was reminiscent of First Blood.

Fan-made Rambo 5 trailer embeds the news about Moat.. Hehe.. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPf4qoAe_Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPf4qoAe_Q[/ame]

Back