Premium Format Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onix36div

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think that sideshow have chose alot of the wrong characters to do PF

Dont get me wrong there all really good works of art

Obi-wan and Darth Vader are absolutely perfect but where is the like sof

Maul
Dooku
Boba/Jango

These guys have so much more character

What you guys think?

Boba has just been announced and will likely be up for preorder this week.

Maul has already been seen in 1:1 bust and coming in 12". I'm sure we'll see a PF too but probably later rather than sooner since we have him in these other formats.

Dooku wouldn't be bad but I would want some others before him.

I can't wait for a Tusken Raider, this would definitely make the PF rock!!!!!

So far they have kept to a schedule of releasing items corresponding to the films. ANH first, then progressing to ESB. The obvious deviation of Grievous but that was most likely to correspond with the release of EIII.

All in good time and I think we'll all be satisfied:D

I,m glad they didn't start with those. The PF figures have been getting better with each release and I would have hated for them to do a less than perfect job on Maul. I'm not saying the 1st Luke is bad, just that like all new things
it takes time to get it perfect. And in my opinion Sideshow has done an outstanding job since then.

Dooku is the one i really want

a pose like this
dooku2.jpg

but a sideshow PF take based on something like this would be the best
sw02unltyranusloose-m.jpg

I can't wait for Dooku. I'll take him in any format.

Not sure what you mean by wrong characters, the first 5 were all ANH and a great way to kick off the line. Grievous is the most impressive item I own and I never get tired of looking at him. Can't wait for Boba, from what we've seen he looks amazing.

Dooku is my second favorite character in the movies so I'm really looking forward to the PF of him, I really like both those poses you started with. Also, while the ones you named are probably the PF's I most look forward too (I can't wait to have Jango and Boba side by side) I'm happy they started with the ANH one characters, to me those are THE characters in Star Wars.

onix36div said:
I think that sideshow have chose alot of the wrong characters to do PF

What you guys think?

DITTO

Totally agree on that

I never like Luke, (altough I will buy from a fellow forum member) han or leia

Dooku, queen amidala, jango and maul would be awesome in PF format.

onix36div said:
Maul
Dooku
Boba/Jango

These guys have so much more character

What you guys think?

I'd say those characters have arguably the worst character development of any "important" characters in the saga.

Yes, villains are cool, but Luke, Han and Leia are pretty much the backbone of the OT. I can't image not having them.

villains only for me. i'm just looking forward to The Fett Man, Jango, Darth Maul, Droids, Sith Anakin, Dooku, and for non-villainous characters only, maybe, Princess Amidala, Kit Fisto, and ....well, i'll see if any of them catches my attention :cool:

I'd love to see all the important characters who were in the PT and OT that they haven't made yet (I like Dooku, Maul, Jango, Grevious, Ventress, Mace, Kit, Aayla, etc, but we only see them in the PT and we're not able to see them develope like the other characters), which I guess at this point would be Yoda, C-3PO/R2-D2, Chewbacca, and Palpatine.

When they make Palpatine, hopefully he'll be in one the following poses:

Image:The_Murder_of_Agen_Kolar.jpg

Image:Shii-Cho.jpg

03.jpg

Image:EMP.jpg

14.jpg

52.jpg

Image:SIDIOUS%5C%27S_BLACK_SABER.png

36.jpg

Sabers0_copy1.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
elwood49 said:
I'd say those characters have arguably the worst character development of any "important" characters in the saga.

They had character development? Damn I must have missed that the first 100 times I watched the saga.

I haven't had issues with what they have done maybe with the exception of another Luke so soon but those other characters will get done I'm sure. When they do I'll buy.

Darth Loki said:
They had character development? Damn I must have missed that the first 100 times I watched the saga.
You don't notice the character development until after the first 150 viewings.

Agent0028 said:
You don't notice the character development until after the first 150 viewings.
That would have been the perfect post for a Jar Jar impersonation.

For Batty:

Yousa don't be noticin' no character developments until after the first hunrid and fitty viewings, and den BOOMDEGASSER! Okyday?

Sideshow has done a perfect job with the current releases IMO. I have loved every one of them. Granted, they could have waited before doing another Luke but Yoda is a must have so I am happy with it.

I love the ANH line and hope they complete it soon with R2, C3P0, Chewbacca, and a stormtrooper.

I would be very happy.

Agent0028 said:
For Batty:

Yousa don't be noticin' no character developments until after the first hunrid and fitty viewings, and den BOOMDEGASSER! Okyday?
You don't know how loud I laughed when I read that! :rotfl

Back