The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Ski

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this yet and the trailer was just released for this long delayed Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard written horror film starring a pre-Thor Chris Hemsworth. I have been a fan of Whedon since the Buffy and Angel days, so I am more than curious to see this one. It looks like it takes the horror cliche and turns it on its head. Looking forward to this one.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Itzujv4JwU[/ame]

It took me almost the whole trailer to figure out who 'that guy' was. Finally figured out he's 'that dude' from Dollhouse.

It took me almost the whole trailer to figure out who 'that guy' was. Finally figured out he's 'that dude' from Dollhouse.

If you look at the cast list on IMDB there are a couple of Whedon alums in the film. Amy Acker (Fred) and Tom Lenk (Andrew) also have parts in the film.

kind of a weird concept. It reminds me of Vacancy with zombie looking guys instead. I wander what the plot is though.

It's supposed to look like Wrong Turn - that's the point of the "you think you know" schtick. Clearly with the funky 'computer world' stuff added in, this isn't quite what you assume it to be.

I'm in - like the work of both these guys. I also love the poster art, as it's very unique.

I might have to check this out. And Hemsworth looks small there compared to how much he bulked up for Thor. I'm getting that that grid looking thing is like an invisible electric fence to keep those creatures in there, while they preview them as they hunt live humans.

Not sure why... but this reminds me of the movie Cube[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5PkidV1cM"]Cube[/ame]

Just got home a bit ago from the Alamo Drafthouse and their advanced screening of this.

The movie is simply amazing.

It is definitely not what you would expect or what it seems in commercials.

This isn't necessarily a spoiler but I'll put tags anyways.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Go see it. You will love it.

We got a Mondo print with our tickets and that too is awesome.

Just got home a bit ago from the Alamo Drafthouse and their advanced screening of this.

The movie is simply amazing.

It is definitely not what you would expect or what it seems in commercials.

This isn't necessarily a spoiler but I'll put tags anyways.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Go see it. You will love it.

We got a Mondo print with our tickets and that too is awesome.

Sounds awesome, definitely a must see for me.

Back