When did the old SSC Jason & Freddy Figures become so expensive...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was having a sort out of the old collection this weekend and pulled some of the old Horror figures out of storage.

Decided to replace a couple of figs that I had sold off a few years ago and blow me down they've gotten pricey...

FvJ Jason Voorhees used to be plentiful indeed at a reasonable price. Same with the Freddy edition. I'm not even after the exclusives...

You didn't used to be able to move without hitting the Part 6 Jason on the bay now nary a sign.

The figures that are knocking around are up there with Hot Toys prices...

So, when and why did it happen?

Now I'm REEEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYY regretting letting those bad boys go.

Jason hit the C-note a couple years back and has been holding steady there. Even Jason X. Freddy's all over the place given the custom sweaters and awesome custom from Silent Surfer. His custom alone had the SDCC Dream Warriors at $300 at one point. It was pretty crazy. :lol

They shot up not long after their release. While quality and detail wise they pale to what SS and HT are doing today, they were excellent for their price.

It would be nice to see someone put out some nice modern 1/6 figures Newline figures.

They shot up not long after their release. While quality and detail wise they pale to what SS and HT are doing today, they were excellent for their price.

It would be nice to see someone put out some nice modern 1/6 figures Newline figures.

I agree with everything you just said :lecture

I dunno, I think some of them and at least certain aspects of most of them, still stand up to what's being put out today.

Improved bodies is a big point. The bucks sucked and I don't there were any clothes tailored to fit it well at all. :lol

Pt 3 Jason is awesome, but not much articulation and can hardly hold his accessories.

Improved bodies is a big point. The bucks sucked and I don't there were any clothes tailored to fit it well at all. :lol

Pt 3 Jason is awesome, but not much articulation and can hardly hold his accessories.

I agree about the Bucks. But the sculpts, weapons, and even the wardrobes look better on better bodies. Look what Surfer did by adding a phenomenal repaint, Slim TT and hat to Freddy. :huh

Back