BUILDING your HT Aliens Marines - HELP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got the Marines and I am in the process of sorting out what to do first. The directions advise you to put the head on last, after armor has been placed. As I have a custom head, I'm a little worried about forcing the head into place -- either snapping the internal peg or cracking the armor. It would seem simpler to put the head on first while constructing the body.

Has anyone tried putting the head on first when assembling the body? Does this cause any headaches later?

I accidently put the head on the body first and had a lot of trouble getting the armor on around it. The chest plate, etc, on Reese and Apone is really tedious to get on.

I ended up removing the head in order to get the armor on right.

Good luck! They are a pain but well worth the effort. These are the figures that turned me into a real Hot Toys fan.

I actually don't remember how I put them together, but I should think it is easier to put the heads on first and then work the armour around carefully. The heads are tough to put on, that is for sure, and you do have to excercise a certain amount of force on the pieces for them to pop in, no mean task having all the fragile armour on already...
Putting the preds together, I did one fitting the head last and one fitting the head first, and it was easier the latter way.

abake said:
I actually don't remember how I put them together, but I should think it is easier to put the heads on first and then work the armour around carefully. The heads are tough to put on, that is for sure, and you do have to excercise a certain amount of force on the pieces for them to pop in, no mean task having all the fragile armour on already...
Putting the preds together, I did one fitting the head last and one fitting the head first, and it was easier the latter way.

Thanks abake! I think I'm in trouble either way... :google

Can aynone post pictures of their Vasquez fully amoured? i'm having a hard time figuring out where everything goes casue all my pads fell off when i took it out of the packaging. plus there is a very long strap in the back and i have no clue where it goes. thanks for the help.

I vote for head on last.

My logic: you can probably undress him and try the other way (or some state of undress) easier than prying his head off again.

I can't belive it, I just built Vasquez and I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. Her harness is by far the most intricate, has cross straps, pads, attachments, smart gun attachments, wires. etc. As far as her head I would connect it after you have her body snapped together and have her outfitted.

Couple quick points, tuck her shirt into her pants first and make sure you remember to remove her holster then weave her bvc belt halfway through her pant loops, then attach her holster and continue pushing it through. I recommend using a plastic fork and bending back one of the prongs and using that but any pointed object will do.

Her boots have pegs in them and it took me quite a while to get her legs to snap in, make sure you wrap her pant bottoms/cuffs around her "ankles" or tape them before slipping the legs into the boot pegs.

The harness, it looks like hell with straps but it's not that complicated. I recommend removing the fewest straps possible. I loosened only one hip strap and pulled the harness down over her head with her arms raised. Another short cut which might work even better is to remove her arms from the shoulder ball joints and maybe try to just slide the whole harness over her head, don't know if that will work but It looked to me like it might.

Anyway don't think the other guys will be half as hard. I'll do Hicks next and wait for Wor-Gar to advise on how to attach the FL Apone head with the post and all.

Also the Vasquez head isn't bad at all, I was relieved they painted her hair dark brown but if you got extra bucks you may want to have it repainted...

Finally don't try to fuss with the headlamp, it is not meant to swivel. When I finished there was some other stuff in the box guess I'll figure it out later...

Last edited:
Can aynone post pictures of their Vasquez fully amoured? i'm having a hard time figuring out where everything goes casue all my pads fell off when i took it out of the packaging. plus there is a very long strap in the back and i have no clue where it goes. thanks for the help.

Some of the black pads with the velcro attachments were loose in the box once I thought I had her all put together too. I removed the chest armor piece, and the larger black plastic pieces have strips for the velcro to attach to on them. Two of the pads attach on the thick plastic straps that run up her back over her shoulders, and two belong on the ones that run along the side, under her arms.

Hope this helps!

I haven't attached either the hicks head or the apone head yet, waiting for some frontline customs to arrive!

pjam said:
I can't belive it, I just built Vasquez and I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. Her harness is by far the most intricate, has cross straps, pads, attachments, smart gun attachments, wires. etc. As far as her head I would connect it after you have her body snapped together and have her outfitted.

Couple quick points, tuck her shirt into her pants first and make sure you remember to remove her holster then weave her bvc belt halfway through her pant loops, then attach her holster and continue pushing it through. I recommend using a plastic fork and bending back one of the prongs and using that but any pointed object will do.

Her boots have pegs in them and it took me quite a while to get her legs to snap in, make sure you wrap her pant bottoms/cuffs around her "ankles" or tape them before slipping the legs into the boot pegs.

The harness, it looks like hell with straps but it's not that complicated. I recommend removing the fewest straps possible. I loosened only one hip strap and pulled the harness down over her head with her arms raised. Another short cut which might work even better is to remove her arms from the shoulder ball joints and maybe try to just slide the whole harness over her head, don't know if that will work but It looked to me like it might.

Anyway don't think the other guys will be half as hard. I'll do Hicks next and wait for Wor-Gar to advise on how to attach the FL Apone head with the post and all.

Also the Vasquez head isn't bad at all, I was relieved they painted her hair dark brown but if you got extra bucks you may want to have it repainted...

Finally don't try to fuss with the headlamp, it is not meant to swivel. When I finished there was some other stuff in the box guess I'll figure it out later...

Good thread and good post! I thank you because Apone and Vasquez will be in my hands on Monday and Hicks sometime later in the week and I will need the help I'm sure.

I had enough of a semi-difficult time with "HALO" (I use quotations because he really didn't have the right gear for a real HALO jump, no oxygen mask, etc...) "HALO" Rambo looks great now, however.

I think my favorite Hot Toys figure that I own right now is Richard Crenna as Col. Samuel Trautman. I managed to get his raincoat over his uniform and he's got his arms behind his back. He looks like he's contemplating something very dire. Very cool.

Last edited:
I was a bit thrown on how to assemble them myself, but I muddled through alright I think. I put the head on before the armor. I think the leftover shoulder pads are just extra. Couple pics of finished figs, if I have anything in the wrong place please tell me.

vasq.jpg

hicks.jpg

Great shots bp! Awesome. In fact that may be the best shot I have ever seen of Vasquez! I think I'm gonna stay with the Hicks head for the time being, he looks enough like Michael Biehn to hold me..

CARTER BURKE
...he's just a grunt!
(off Hicks)
No offense...

HICKS
(to Burke, smoldering)
None taken.

side note; Vasquez' smart gun wires apparently plug into the left side of her chest plate. Mine had loose wires ends but I found the plug. Get this, they are real copper wires with rubber casing, will try to fix this too...

Here's a shot of Vasquez - new angle

DSC01728.jpg

Last edited:
abake said:
After seeing all these pics I'm starting to get the urge to buy Vasquez...

VASQUEZ SAYS
You know you need me, man. :lol

Honestly, her smart gun is nuts, it has springs in the levered arms and they move just like in the movie.

DSC01730.jpg

Last edited:
NSFolsom said:
Good post! I thank you because Apone and Vasquez will be in my hands on Monday and Hicks sometime later in the week and I will need the help I'm sure.

I had enough of a semi-difficult time with "HALO" (I use quotations because he really didn't have the right gear for a real HALO jump, no oxygen mask, etc...) "HALO" Rambo looks great now, however.

I think my favorite Hot Toys figure that I own right now is Richard Crenna as Col. Samuel Trautman. I managed to get his raincoat over his uniform and he's got his arms behind his back. He looks like he's contemplating something very dire. Very cool.

Rambo HALO - How did you put on his parachute bag etc?

Its really hard!

Awesome pix -- can't wait to assemble Vasquez!

The detail in the weapons is crazy -- the clips remove, pump-action, etc. I'm still amazing that those little tiny belt clips actually work.

So, after conferring with several friends who have the marines (thanks Hurricane), I have learned that its best to put the head on last as the directions say. Vasquez is the exception as she has a different neck post.

Just heat the head a bit with a hair dryer before popping it on.

I will try to assemble Apone tomorrow.

Oh yeah, one last thing, in case anybody cares -- or is a real stickler like me -- the knife is on the wrong side on Hicks.

Wor-Gar said:
Awesome pix -- can't wait to assemble Vasquez!

The detail in the weapons is crazy -- the clips remove, pump-action, etc. I'm still amazing that those little tiny belt clips actually work.

So, after conferring with several friends who have the marines (thanks Hurricane), I have learned that its best to put the head on last as the directions say. Vasquez is the exception as she has a different neck post.

Just heat the head a bit with a hair dryer before popping it on.

I will try to assemble Apone tomorrow.

Oh yeah, one last thing, in case anybody cares -- or is a real stickler like me -- the knife is on the wrong side on Hicks.

Let me know how you mount the FL Apone head, I'm almost ready for that, all armor on, just small stuff left. UPS messed up my FRI delivery Of Hicks so I'll get him tomorrow which gave me some time with Apone. I used a brown dry erase marker to recolor his hands to match the FL Mikey repaint and it came out pretty good but I don't recommend it. Paint always best...

btw, if anyone has a scheduled UPS delivery on a certain date and it doesn't get delivered you on that day you may be able to get a shipping refund. UPS is refunding my shipment through Adam @ DS who will then credit my card.

pjam said:
btw, if anyone has a scheduled UPS delivery on a certain date and it doesn't get delivered you on that day you may be able to get a shipping refund. UPS is refunding my shipment through Adam @ DS who will then credit my card.

My UPS delivery was set for July 5th and then rescheduled to July 6th -- does that count?

Wor-Gar said:
My UPS delivery was set for July 5th and then rescheduled to July 6th -- does that count?

Call them, that's what I did, I was actually a bit pissed because the tracking read Friday delivery all day and wasn't changed till after 6pm.

HELP!

My FL Apone head has no opening, it is closed and won't fit onto the neck ball joint. Any suggestions on how to dremmel or cut out/hollow out the resin?

Last edited:
Back