My dad tried to surprise me by adding to my collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
My dad tried to surprise me by adding something to my collection.

IMG_20111120_090649.jpg

I didn't notice it for a whole day.

Which one of these things are not like the other?

He really did think it was a gremlin.

I had one of those when I was a kid.

Thing is ____ing worse than a Gremlin on alcohol and crack.

I always thought they resembled Mogwai. They actually did make a Gizmo Furby some time after the original ones came out.

As they say, it's the thought that counts. The fact that your Dad cared enough to even try makes it pretty col and worthwhile all by itself in my book. :)

Last edited:
Off topic but you guys may know, when i was young i remember seeing realistic gremlins (after they'd stopped being fluffy:nana:) in 1:1 scale in a shop window, i thought they were puppets from the film or something, but anyway, is there a company who makes realistic decent 1:1 scale evil gremlins? lol

If memory serves, I think the studio thought they "resembled" Gremlins, too. As I recall -- and I could easily be misremembering this -- I think there were lawsuits involved. I think the Gizmo Furby was eventually done as part of a settlement so the studio could actually cash in on the craze, too.

But it's still great that dad's making an effort!

Off topic but you guys may know, when i was young i remember seeing realistic gremlins (after they'd stopped being fluffy:nana:) in 1:1 scale in a shop window, i thought they were puppets from the film or something, but anyway, is there a company who makes realistic decent 1:1 scale evil gremlins? lol

Just say Gremlins, when they are furry they are Mogwai. And to answer your question, I have no idea

Back