Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Reportedly planned for release summer 2014.

Set in the present day.

https://www.movieweb.com/news/captain-america-2-will-be-set-in-present-day

"We made a movie where the world was in context for Steve Rogers. It was a movie where it was a more pure time, where there were clearly black-and-white, right-and-wrong, good-and-evil scenarios. And Cap is a guy who symbolizes that. Now he's in the now, and there is nothing black-and-white. So what do you do with that guy? How does he react to a much more uncertain time? So you're given this huge new palate to work with, but you can keep him the same. And that's the fun of getting to do a sequel. Captain America, Steve Rogers, he's pretty firmly established. Now we can take him through some different places."

Somebody had to start a thread. :D

Re: Captain America 2

Part of me wonders if lightning can strike twice with Johnston, but a bigger part feels that this story is his if he wants to continue it. He earned it.

Plus you know Johnston will redesign Whedon's goofy take on the costume.

Part of me wonders if lightning can strike twice with Johnston, but a bigger part feels that this story is his if he wants to continue it. He earned it.

Plus you know Johnston will redesign Whedon's goofy take on the costume.

I bashed that guy for a while. I would've never thought he could pull off Cap. But he did. He does deserve it. I agree.

They're probably reserving Winter Soldier is a villain in the 3rd movie? :)

This is the story that can really explore what made Cap such an interesting character to me (though I suppose that's gonna start in the Avengers movie). So, I'll look forward to it. As for how it might be in relation to the first film, I thought the first movie was good, but not mind-blowing. I think there's definitely room for improvement in terms of creating tension/conflict and pacing the film.

Looking forward to it. First big film I can think of being announced for 2014 so thats something after Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 to look forward to. I hope he keeps the suit from The Avengers with I'm sure a tweak or two. That suit looks awesome IMO. :)

My favorite story arc from the comics was when Steve Rogers disagreed with his role in the U.S. government and stepped down as Captain America in issues 332-350 from 1987-89.

The government replaced him with a new and even stronger augmented super soldier named John Walker who was ruthless and borderline psychotic (of course in part due to him being secretly groomed by the Red Skull, unaware to all, even Walker.)

Rogers stopped being Captain America and was simply dubbed "The Captain" and donned the cool black and red costume and got a new shield from Tony Stark.

Captain_America_Vol_1_350.jpg

Now of course there have been many stories about heroes fighting bigger stronger versions of themselves and "going black" but it wasn't old hat when Cap did it in the 80's. It'd be tricky to prevent the film from getting too political but it could be an interesting commentary on old vs. 21st century America and could provide a kickass fall from grace and renewed love by the American people when he defeats Walker and is recognized to be the paragon of all that is still good with this country.

My favorite story arc from the comics was when Steve Rogers disagreed with his role in the U.S. government and stepped down as Captain America in issues 332-350 from 1987-89.
What we need, story-wise, is when Cap flirted with running for president! :rock

Or maybe when he fought vampires with Union Jack. :D

Back