Attakus Star Wars Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
EDIT: I edited the subject to be more broad discussion on attakus statues.

I am a new convert of attakus star war statues, to me their paint apps are infinitely better than anything sideshow can put out from those chinese factories and 100% consistent in quality.

But for their R2D2, wtf is up with putting all those yellow stains on an otherwise perfect statue. Are they suppose to simulate rust? it looks SO BAD, what are those frenchmen thinking. :slap

Anyone actually have one and can take some closeup shots?

attakus_R21.jpg

attakus_R22.jpg

Last edited:
Re: attakus R2D2, yellow stains wtf?

thanks ambasah, yours look different than the stock photo though. The yellow stain doesnt appear on the robot's head gray colored part or upper torso, mostly on the leg. Is it suppose to be rust or leaked oil?

It does get everywhere.

I am a new convert of attakus star war statues, to me their paint apps are infinitely better than anything sideshow can put out from those chinese factories and 100% consistent in quality.

But for their R2D2, wtf is up with putting all those yellow stains on an otherwise perfect statue. Are they suppose to simulate rust? it looks SO BAD, what are those frenchmen thinking. :slap

Anyone actually have one and can take some closeup shots?

attakus_R21.jpg

attakus_R22.jpg

So much for "100% consistent in quality"

i'm not sure what the heck it's supposed to be, but it adds a nice weathering touch to the statue. you will not be disappointed if you decide to get him.

The detail is fantastic. Get a repaint if you're not crazy about the color. It's a nice piece. What's the scale?

1:5, all the expensive pieces are this scale.

i decided to reboot my entire star war collection too, was never 100% happy with sideshow's pieces even though they have excellent sculpt the paint job always left much to be desired, there are always problems with each piece (unstraight lines, paint fill over to the other side etc..). Also prefer a solid statue not one covered with real cloth/plastics.

Attakus made my day, never have to worry about opening up a piece and find a bad paint issue anywhere, nor do they mix cloth/plastic or any other material. That combined with code 3 vehicles would make a very complete star war collection.

The french knows how to paint, who knew!

Attakus has some very nice statues but I don't own any of them. I was hoping to get the probe droid and V.1 Vader. This R2 looks amazing though.

I have a probe droid for sale (very minor damage) if anyone is interested. $400 shipped to Canada or the US.

Attakus makes some really nice statues, although their human likenesses are usually rather laughable. As for R2, clearly the yellow "stains" are just supposed to be weathering. I don't think it looks bad (although I don't have this particular statue).

Attakus makes some really nice statues, although their human likenesses are usually rather laughable. As for R2, clearly the yellow "stains" are just supposed to be weathering. I don't think it looks bad (although I don't have this particular statue).

That's not true, i found them to be very well done to the movie actors, the only thing is they add a bit cartoony style to it which throws a lot of people off as being unrealistic but the likeness is there and accurate. The only attakus statue that was completely off is luke in pilot uniform, i assume that's how attakus imagined a very young luke looks like, but it doesnt look like the luke in the movie at all.

It's the paint app that really separates attakus from the rest. It's just flawless, I cannot emphasis enough how perfect their paints are, for example the separation between cloth and skin paints are a razor thin line with no spillover whatsoever.

Then you look at those sideshow statues and cant help but feel embarrassed how badly mangled up and careless the paints are. Their only saving grace are a lot of PF uses other materials like real cloth and ss does head sculpt pretty well, imagine if sideshow had to paint all the cloth. Everytime i open up a ss statue, it's like rolling the dice hoping the paints are perfect, especially if from ebay. I never have to worry with attakus about paint issues.

ambasah, sent you a pm.

Attakus Emperor is a joke. And also his throne is not accurate either. The Probe Droid is insanely fragile (for its price you could get a studio scale replica), and there is also the stupid looking dancing Sandtrooper. And I'm not even going to talk about accuracy on Stormtroopers either. In the end Attakus has it own duds...

I don't care for the human likeness either, although I must admit I own all of them (damn the completist in me!).

The attakus sarg is a work of art - the best star wars "clone/trooper" statue ever made imho - but they, like every company, have the good, bad, and ugly...

Attakus Emperor is a joke. And also his throne is not accurate either. The Probe Droid is insanely fragile (for its price you could get a studio scale replica), and there is also the stupid looking dancing Sandtrooper. And I'm not even going to talk about accuracy on Stormtroopers either. In the end Attakus has it own duds...

what's wrong with the stormtrooper? i thought that was one of the most accurate and well done depictions.

I don't care for the human likeness either, although I must admit I own all of them (damn the completist in me!).

The attakus sarg is a work of art - the best star wars "clone/trooper" statue ever made imho - but they, like every company, have the good, bad, and ugly...

sell me one of your darth vaders, who needs two! ;)

sell me one of your darth vaders, who needs two! ;)

lol, if you only knew how many darth vader statues I have :D

both attakus vader's are very well done, with the first being king...they seem to be going for a lot less these days though, best of luck on your hunt!

Back