Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Default Re: attakus R2D2, yellow stains wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
    That's not true, i found them to be very well done to the movie actors, the only thing is they add a bit cartoony style to it which throws a lot of people off as being unrealistic but the likeness is there and accurate.
    Well, likenesses are subjective but I haven't seen any that look anything like the actors. The Slave Leia statue has zero resemblance to Carrie Fisher, for example. I still like the statue (and Attakus in general -- especially since you can get them relatively cheaply now).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    Here are some pictures of my brand new BROKEN general grievous. It's absolutely unbelievable how beautiful this piece is with the see through internal organs. Now that I seen it in person, like it much more than the sideshow version even though it's 6" shorter, the amount of details blow it away.

The way attakus packs this piece, it's amazing ANYONE got a non-broken statue, argg! The hunt for a mint piece continues...

ps: selling this for $140 shipped in for sale section if anyone interested.
    Last edited by gagaliya; 11-06-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Super Freak

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    sorry to hear. mine had a broken finger but it was an easy fix. best of luck on your hunt for a new one!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    I have purchased two so far the first break was horrible, the second break wasnt bad but i didnt want to keep anymore broke pieces. This one is getting harder and harder to get.....
    Here Comes the Predator

Check out my collection and please leave feedbackHidden Content

Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    yeah it's almost impossible to get a mint grevious because the way attakus made and packed this thing. They really should made the arms as separate pieces that magnetic plug in. What a shame.

On a happier note i managed to knock 2 more out of my list. People think attakus star war figures as some small statue but they really have no idea how epic and heavy those pieces look.

First up is the tie fighter, for someone who absolutely hates and despise all things plastic and real cloth on a polystone statue, those pieces are a godsend. The amount of detail is mind boggling, the way the cloth is made to look wrinkled just the right amount and yet everything is made from polystone is top notch.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    Next up is the gamorrean guard, note all the little fur cloth thing by his waist are made entirely from polystone. also checkout how perfect the paint app is in the toe picture, if this was a sideshow piece the toe would look like it got wet and the paint half melted.

Another nice thing is all the weapons are 100% solid metal, very weighty. None of that soft plastic crap sideshow uses on their PF, which turns black overtime.

I am completely sold, attakus for life! need to bite the bullet and get a vader next /sigh

ps sorry for the crappy pictures.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Congrats on the TIE Pilot, looks pretty cool.

Again, please do not forget polystone is just another type of plastic with some added stone compounds. So it is not granite or marble
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Hidden Content ◄ ◄ ◄ Hidden Content ► ► ► Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Nice pieces both , Gammy is one of my favorites .

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Vader statues? I like the pose of Vader 1. But have read opinions of various views.
    Who's scruffy-looking?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saenjaina View Post
    Can anyone comment on the quality of the Vader statues? I like the pose of Vader 1. But have read opinions of various views.
    vader1 is considered by many to be the best version short of the $2000 1:3. but i personally like vader2 better with the lightsabre out ready to kick butt. Both are excellent and i am still trying to find one at reasonable price they gone up so much in the last few months, it's almost in a bubble now.