G.I. Joe Con 2012 New Orleans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazzy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a short drive away, I'll be there!! Been wanting to go to New Orleans for the past year anyways..which means I can bring the wife along. :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

gijoe.jpg

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Damn. Finally a legit convention driving distance from me, but a bit too late to match up with my hardcore interest in Joe collecting. Nice that NO is getting the love.

I'm all over this! I went to the last one in New Orleans and met Sgt. Slaughter there!

The wife is keen on visiting New Orleans (as am I) so it looks like going won't be a problem!

Plus, I'll be on parental leave, so time off, also no problem! :)

Just have to get a little GI Joe t-shirt for the little one...

Be sure to head over to the Aquarium for the kid, Prime. It's one of the best in the country. The zoo ain't too shabby, either. They also have a Children's Museum of Art that I visited many, many times as a kid.

Be sure to head over to the Aquarium for the kid, Prime. It's one of the best in the country. The zoo ain't too shabby, either. They also have a Children's Museum of Art that I visited many, many times as a kid.

Thanks for the advice! Should be fun. No doubt we'll check those out while we're there.

I will probably only be going to the show for a day or 2 at max, I really want to explore N.O. try some good food, and drink some good drinks. Will have to research what else to do, pretty exciting haven't planned a vacation in a long time.

I went to Mardi Gras 2000, that was fun. I'll pass on the weekend with a bunch of sweaty old overweight male nerds.

I went to Mardi Gras 2000, that was fun. I'll pass on the weekend with a bunch of sweaty old overweight male nerds.

Says the guy posting on a toy collecting website! :nana:

In all fairness, GI Joe fans seem to be less sweaty/nerdy than others, in my experience...

Looking forward to this! Wondering if Sideshow will have a presence there. Started a question to SSC VIPs asking...

Anyone know if there will be deals on the Sideshow products at JoeCon? I watched a few videos of the sales floor for Orlando 2011 and you could tell there were deals on 3 3/4" figures, but hard to tell with the 12" figures. I know the Con Exclusive stuff costs quite a bit, but no idea if "normal" product will carry a good price or a steep one.

See you all there...

Back