I'd Kill For a SPARTACUS PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdwyn

Super Freak
Reaction score
come on, support this thread please... all spartacus Andy Whitfield fans.. :yess:

looks nice, however i still prefer movie based statue.. like leonidas 300 for example.. :)

I much prefer a piece based on the real historical character rather than some actor:dunno

I wanted to push for an Andy Whitfield change of head to honor the performance and salute to Andy, however we were not granted the license.

We are still coming out with Spartacus for Sideshow and he is done paining this week. A special exclusive was added to the base for Sideshow EX that will be revealed soon.

I much prefer a piece based on the real historical character rather than some actor:dunno

and why is that? so what's your collection like..

I wanted to push for an Andy Whitfield change of head to honor the performance and salute to Andy, however we were not granted the license.

We are still coming out with Spartacus for Sideshow and he is done paining this week. A special exclusive was added to the base for Sideshow EX that will be revealed soon.

:gah:

how come this cmtoys can make it without license? :slap
gladiator02.jpg

and why is that? so what's your collection like..

:gah:

how come this cmtoys can make it without license? :slap
gladiator02.jpg

I make it a rule not to purchase statues that look like actors..makes it feel as though you're into actor worship which is something I find repulsive.
I really enjoy ARH's line because, fortunately, they don't acquire licenses so their work is loosely based on the real historical and mythological characters.
My collection is pretty diverse just none of my statues look like actors...

I make it a rule not to purchase statues that look like actors..makes it feel as though you're into actor worship which is something I find repulsive.
I really enjoy ARH's line because, fortunately, they don't acquire licenses so their work is loosely based on the real historical and mythological characters.
My collection is pretty diverse just none of my statues look like actors...

hmm, it;s not really actor worship in my case, i've ever thought your way though, but its just that the actor statues are related to the movies i like.. more like a nostalgia to me..

i also collect historical statues from china for ex. romance of three kingdoms statues as the actors are always ever changing, i mean there are lots of rotk productions from time to time.. therefore i purchase the historical version of it..

anyway i understand now.. thanks for sharing your thoughts.. :)

Do you think they will ever make a new show based on rome? Based on Caesar?

Do you think they will ever make a new show based on rome? Based on Caesar?

ik i had read rumors of them using the actor who payed caesar from the last season of spartacus and doing a show going off that but apparently nothing came of it, which is a shame…i still feel spartacus would have had a much longer/different run had andy whitfield not passed away...

ik i had read rumors of them using the actor who payed caesar from the last season of spartacus and doing a show going off that but apparently nothing came of it, which is a shame…i still feel spartacus would have had a much longer/different run had andy whitfield not passed away...

I don't think so. I think the series ran pretty parallel to the events itself in real life. It seemed that they didn't want to draw it out. I think it was meant to end when it ended.

But a figure would be cool. I'd love a doctore figure.

I think the reason they took that approach was because they had to replace the main guy…they could've drawn out more gannicus stuff etc..lets be honest the end confrontation between spartacus and glaber just didn't feel as epic as it should've…wasn't liam's fault it just didn't have the same sizzle as the feud w andy n glaber..i think they saw that and made the decision to close it as efficiently as possible.. plus the viewership suffered after the prequel season..to ALOT of ppl it just wasn't the same…i personally enjoyed the **** out of it tho

Back