HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

IMGP9921.JPG

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

I see a lot of Ford here and there but something just wrong. Paint job looks good tho. The material that use on the jacket had me worry.

97f5b16e.jpg

ade67c9b.jpg

34e9f617.jpg

53b2bf8b.jpg

2bb1bb33.jpg

8ebd93ff.jpg

1445bf56.jpg

9974b088.jpg

e50483c1.jpg

eb77621c.jpg

Is not really that bad but for this price tag I regret getting it.

Looks like standart muscle TT... FUUUUUUUUUUUU >_<

JonesBody.jpg

Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.

indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

photo-74.png

photo-66.jpg

Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

photo-35.jpg

photo-62.jpg

I wish I could say the same, Jose. :(

Hey dude... I understand a lot of people being heavily disappointed by this guy...
I mean, you see how much a home-run Supes is, and definitely Indy is not HT's best... still, I think it's the best Indy figure ever released to date...

As much as I like SS Indy sculpt, I had to invest lots of time and money to make him look good...
With HT's it looks very good right out of the box...

All in all, we've come a long way from this:

indianas.jpg

To this:

eb77621c.jpg

:yess:

still, I think it's the best Indy figure ever released to date...

126.jpg

Best quality? Yes!
Authentic representation of the character? Hell no!

Ripped, smallheaded and retarded looking Indiana Jones is not what me, you or any one else deserve for $250.

ade67c9b.jpg

34e9f617.jpg

53b2bf8b.jpg

2bb1bb33.jpg

8ebd93ff.jpg

1445bf56.jpg

9974b088.jpg

e50483c1.jpg

Here's some of the Pic's from OMG which I've been waiting to see. I just keep trying to convince myself to like it but I just keep seeing David Beckham dressed up as Indiana Jones :slap

1110142126d63a2ab4d6656cd7.jpg

I just showed this picture to 2 of my friends, one in his mid 30's the other in his mid 40's, and asked if they knew who it was.

The guy in his mid 30's had no idea
The guy in his mid 40's said "a weird looking Harrison Ford?"

Both are very familiar with the movies and the actor, and are pop culture "geeks" (we are playing Dungeons and Dragons while I type) and that was the best responses I could get from them. :dunno

Well after a long and tough road of worrying that this figure would turn out not so great, I am pleased with these in hand pics. OMG and Tin put all my worries to rest. Thank you guys. The only thing is his hair looks pretty awful, but with the hat he looks almost spot on. And who in their right mind would pose Indy without his hat or the map room hood? "You call him Dr. Jones doll!"
IndianaJoness2.jpg

I think I will go with this pose once he arrives. Excellent work!

8ebd93ff.jpg

1445bf56.jpg

All discussion on the likeness aside, that ugly seam on the hair should have no place on a $250 collectible.

Personally I can’t say I’m disappointed with this release as I never liked the proto pics anyway. I’m just a little sad that once again poor Indy got the shaft. It seems that this licence doesn’t have much luck with collectible companies. It looks to me as if HT did this Indy because they had to not because they wanted to. When you look at their other figures like Superman, Batman ’89 or Jack Sparrow you get the impression that the people who worked on those really loved the source material. There’s so much love and attention put into creating them, while this Indy looks like it was just another assignment to get out of the way.

As it is I’ll just pick up the boots, shirt and the hat to update my customised Sideshow figure.

I can't belive how crazy this thread has gotten since I last saw it... If you really don't believe something is worth the price, then the best thing you can do is to not buy it, that sends a very clear message to the manufacturer. But people are already paying $100 for the headsculpt on ebay. Just because you see something a particular way, doesn't mean that everyone agrees with your way of seeing things. I've made my mind up (as have many others) so no amount of argument is ever going to change our opinions on that. People are buying this because they believe it's a great likeness to Indy and very much worth collecting. Sideshow starts shipping this on the 17th and no amount of rhetoric and hyperbole in this thread is going to change that.

He looks bloody amazing in these photos, so now I know for a fact that he's going to look 10X better when I get him and set him up the way I want. Can't wait to see him in his desert garb...

IndianaJoness2.jpg

IndianaJones02.jpg

97f5b16e.jpg

53b2bf8b.jpg

From toys daily
Jones+21.jpg

Jones+2.jpg

I for one was very interested in this piece since day 1 being that Indiana Jones next to Chris Reeve's Superman are my two favorite actors in two of my favorite movie franchises of all time. So having both of these figures released by Hot Toys at the same time should have been like Christmas morning. However when both sculpts were revealed, I could not justify the cost when the sculpts were so off. I did pre-order anyways and was very happy to see Arnie fixed the Reeve sculpt so I am keeping that pre-order. I was very disappointed that no changes were made to the Indy sculpt which to me looked even worse than the original Reeve attempt.

So I come on here and side with the vast majority of those who agree the sculpt needed tweaking in three areas to make it better. I would have purchased this figure if two out of the three areas would have been addressed. The nose and the jaw line were the biggest flaws and still are and the PERS simply looks unnatural when compared to how it was done with the Ledger Joker and Bruce Lee.

Now I have no problems with anybody's opinions whether or not they love or hate the piece.

I just wanted to get down to the facts and a couple of us here discovered exactly what was wrong and how it could be fixed. This is what these forums are for, so telling us we are trolls and calling us names is really childish. Now most of us here are adults, who happen to have enough money to fund this expensive hobby. I have 5 figures on pre-order now Supes, Bats, Joker, Captain A, Skaar. I would have kept this Indy in the lineup for sure had the nose been fixed alone and the other two kept the same. That is by far the biggest problem with this piece.

Like I said before, Hot Toys will probably come out with a V2 of this piece with multiple sculpts etc and everyone will soon forget about this "off sculpt".

I am eagerly anticipating a Temple of Doom 1/6 to display next to my Sideshow TOD PF which is an amazing piece and the best likeness of Indy so far in my collection.

For those that missed the last thread, I believe it is important to know exactly what the main problems with this sculpt are so that it can be fixed for future Hot Toys Indy sculpts.

Original Sculpt
indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Slight changes to the left nostril and left jawline
157m6nl.png

This pic below is the best IN HAND of the bunch at hiding the flaws.
_DSC3037%252520copy.jpg

I have no need to continue in this thread. I hope all of you enjoy your Indy.

Last edited:
Back