Learning what it is to be a 'freak' - total newb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearAndBullets

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey there!

i'm so new to this stuff. i don't even have a 1/6 yet.

i'm desperately looking for a DX Joker for less than evilBay is posting - cuz who honestly can afford $400+ without flex-pay?

in the past, i've collected:
  • Star Wars - anything (gave up when i realized i needed to start saving to put my kids through college and not another Obi-Wan variation - really George Lucas?)
  • Marvel Legends - frankly, i exhausted myself bouncing from Walmart to Walmart looking for them.
  • Disney Cars - not another Lightning McQueen.
  • Transformers - Animated series ended and there weren't anymore left to collect.
  • Comic books - still do - but for enjoyment and not the thrill of the hunt.

So basically, now i collect anything that says something about me. i've shed the completest skin as it only made me crazy...er - OCD will do that to you if you let it.

i'm an art director in downtown Detroit and do some freelance on the side. So, if any of you Joker DX owners would like to trade for some graphic/web services...please hit me up.

-- Recently i visited one of my great friends from college and he invited me into his man-cave. My eyes glazed over like the first time i went to Disney World as a kid and i instantly heard the Pac-Man start up music in my head. He has wall to wall toys and collectibles - endless shelves of glistening plastic with blinding detail. i was in awe and almost cried at the beauty of it all...i'm in negotiations with my wife to see if i can have a play-date (for all of you parents out there). He is now showing me the ropes of high-definition toy collecting. And with that all, i've ordered my first - Captain America.

~j

Last edited:
Hi dude and welcome!

For the Joker, I'd advise you to have some patience and wait till HT announced their Ledger Joker DX 2.0.

It has already been teased and they will surely make a big improvement over the DX01. Plus it'll probably sell for $250ish anyway so a lot less than the DX01 is going for today. :wave

Popedissapproval.jpg

^^^^^
Not really...you may have luck with the HT joker as version 2 is coming.

All the best.:lecture

Thanks fellas! Any inkling of what JDX02 will consist of?

...also looking for good deals on Bank Robber and version 1.

Thanks again for the welcome and i look forward to the madness you'll contribute to. >:}

~j

Holy ballz! I just wandered in here out of curiosity. And what do I find? News about a new Joker figure!!! Been wanting a Ledger Joker but since I'm late to the whole Hot Toys thing, I was gagging on the current going-rate for those.
BAD.
ASS.
:rock

Thanks everyone for the warm reception. Today, i have received my first Hot Toy. Iron Man Mark III - original! :)

...chest batteries are low and i can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

Hey man! From one newb to another, WELCOME!
You need some LR621 button-cell batteries. They are *freaking* tiny. Google that, or hit up amazon and buy some generic ones in bulk, you'll save a few bucks that way.

Waitaminnit.....I might be wrong about the LR621 batteries. That's what the head and arm LEDs require. The chest batteries might be different.

Last edited:
394 is the replacement for the chest/head. Radioshack sells them for $5.99 a piece, but i'm sure i can find them bulk online.

Just out of curiosity, why did you go with the Mark III? I'm not knocking it, I don't have it but I'd like to. I've got the Mark V and Mark VI and have pre-ordered the Mark IV with suit-up gantry as well as the upcoming Mark II Armor Unleashed. In my mind, that completes the basic set. And I'll have to get the new version of the Mark I as well.

Oh and Iron Monger. I can't wait for that one. My bank account would say otherwise, however.....but hey, you only live once, you can't take it with you, and my health is too poor to actually GTFO and DO something.....Therefore, I buy and obsess (in a good way) about expensive toys.

Thanks! i now have my first Hot Toy figure!!!! Iron Man Mark III :)

i think i was a bit quick to the punch on that one...to tell you the truth. i didn't know that there was a Mark III original and a Mark III Battle Damaged (waay cooler by the way). So i did a 'buy it now' thing for $165 + $10 shipping. It seemed like a pretty good deal. i'm not that crazy about how dark the red is.

Now my newest venture is tracking down all of the Jokers available. Needless to say, i've been skunked by that. i recently bought a version 1 with a bonus custom head for $180. The Joker custom head looks horrible and uses a different neck peg. i think i'll strip the paint from it and maybe try it myself. The socks are black and the foot pegs looks like they have plumbers tape around them. The box was dinged up a bit too. YIKES! ... i think i better quit eBaying.

Anybody wanna buy my version 1 for kit bashing?

BR Joker's sculpt isn't so hot and the DX is very expensive.

There will probably be some people who sell their Jokers when pictures of DX Joker II appear. That will lower the price a bit. I'd suggest waiting until then (probably next summer to tie into TDKR marketing hype)

By then might just decide to forget the earlier Jokers and go for the newest.

Back