Bring it on: DEAD MAN'S CHEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
My girlfriend gave up her tickets to see POTC: DMC last night (because I hate seeing films at screenings) to a friend and here's what he had to say about the new Pirates:

First things first: I saw Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest last night. My friend Mark scored a couple tickets to a press screening of the film. It was at the mighty Arclight Theater a couple blocks from my home, and Leonard Maltin sat in the row behind us.

What did I think of it? Well, frankly, in the words of Queen Victoria, "IT F***ING RULED!" The best sequel I've seen in years by a wide margin.

It was so imaginative, so full of character, and action, and nuance, and spectacle. It actually managed to build off of the first movie and deepen and expand on the world and its characters. Johnny Depp is fantastic in the role he'll be remembered for (obviously), Bill Nighy gives the dreaded Davy Jones a soul, and even with the addition of new characters and situations, everyone has a reason to be there. No character feels shoehorned into the script. Amazing.

If the third film is as good as this one, I'd say Pirates of the Carribean might be the best adventure movie trilogy ever. Cause you know, it's funnier than Lord of the Rings, And? It has PIRATES, and that makes all the difference.

Lord of the Rings had pirates, the corsairs.

Btw, I've heard there's something after the credits on Dead Man's Chest, so just a head's up.

I can't wait either! One week from Tomorrow! I would bet there is something after the credits. Remember Jack the money took another Aztec coin out of the chest for the first film. Perhaps Jack the mokey will be in this one (cursed of course).

I would prefer the trailer for the third movie.

I will be checking this one out for sure probably Saturday after release. If it's as good as everyone says it is I see myself ordering that Cinemaquette. :rolleyes:

Wor-Gar said:
If the third film is as good as this one, I'd say Pirates of the Carribean might be the best adventure movie trilogy ever. Cause you know, it's funnier than Lord of the Rings, And? It has PIRATES, and that makes all the difference.[/COLOR][/I]

But, but, what about Indiana?? As much as I love POTC, I have a hard time believing it could ever take the place of the Indiana Jones trilogy! Not that it wouldn't be cool if it did, just that it will be hard to beat Indy...

SideshowDusty said:
But, but, what about Indiana?? As much as I love POTC, I have a hard time believing it could ever take the place of the Indiana Jones trilogy! Not that it wouldn't be cool if it did, just that it will be hard to beat Indy...

Indiana Jones if a great trilogie. But I believe it's unfair the compare it with Pirates of the Caribbean.

What the hell am I talking they are both great:D

Oh I know... POTC was one of the coolest movies I have ever seen!! I must have watched it in the theater at least 10 times.. (Lived in Japan on a Navy base, tickets were 3 bucks!) We used to get drunk and go see a late showing, and I have to say...

Being drunk makes that "Why is the Rum gone?" line that much MORE hilarious!

I can't wait to see it next week!!! :chew

Don't forget the king of all pirate movies, the one that started it all:

B00076ONW8.01._PE44_.The-Pirate-Movie._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

tomandshell said:
Don't forget the king of all pirate movies, the one that started it all:

B00076ONW8.01._PE44_.The-Pirate-Movie._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Poor Chris Atkins, he's from my hometown of Rye, Ny, he was discovered while prepping a boat at the American Yacht Club (a summer job). Nice guy too, I remember having a beer with him at a local bar years ago (when his career had faded) and he was complaining Hollywood was just a meat market.

Well, there's always the lagoon... ah, memories...

His real name is Chris Bowman btw

I saw it...

I thought part 1 was sort of slow but of course had it's fun moments as well.

Part 2 is EXACTLY like part 1. It has the same EXACT feel to it, only Davy Jones
is probably 1 of THE coolest CGI characters I've EVER seen! OH! & there's an
incredibly fun twist at the end, which sets up part 3. (didn't stay till after the
credits to see if there was anything there. Hope there wasn't anything special)

Part 3 is called: "POTC: World's End" btw.

After seeing Superman Returns on Tuesday & POTC2 on Wed, I'd still say
that SR was the better movie though. But then again, I'm prob biased...
:rotfl

!ss!

Super Serg said:
I saw it...

I thought part 1 was sort of slow but of course had it's fun moments as well.

Part 2 is EXACTLY like part 1. It has the same EXACT feel to it, only Davy Jones
is probably 1 of THE coolest CGI characters I've EVER seen! OH! & there's an
incredibly fun twist at the end, which sets up part 3. (didn't stay till after the
credits to see if there was anything there. Hope there wasn't anything special)

Part 3 is called: "POTC: World's End" btw.

After seeing Superman Returns on Tuesday & POTC2 on Wed, I'd still say
that SR was the better movie though. But then again, I'm prob biased...
:rotfl

!ss!

Thanks, man, looking forward to it and don't sweat the bias thing, after all your board name is "Super" Serg

Back