Walking Dead comic series 1, Gladiator Flamma reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the premiere of the second season of The Walking Dead, I thought it was the right time to check out the first wave of comic based action figures from McFarlane Toys. The zombies aren't bad, but the humans are terribly disappointing.

I also have a guest review from Jeff, who is looking at a very cool sixth scale figure from ACI Toys - the Gladiator Flamma!

You can find all the reviews at the usual

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review as always Mr Crawford but those figures stink, 5inch height? The paint apps on Rick Grimes are the worst I have ever seen I've belly ached about NECA Predators before but they look like masterpieces compared to them. Funny how smug the the posters over at the Spawn Boards that McFarlane owns NECA on paint apps I think those days are dead just like McFarlane Toys and Rick Grimes is your poster boy.

I'll save my money. Overpriced, half height slop crap.

RIP McFarlane Toys you were once the masters but a mere shadow today of your once glory.

Great review as always Mr Crawford but those figures stink, 5inch height? The paint apps on Rick Grimes are the worst I have ever seen I've belly ached about NECA Predators before but they look like masterpieces compared to them. Funny how smug the the posters over at the Spawn Boards that McFarlane owns NECA on paint apps I think those days are dead just like McFarlane Toys and Rick Grimes is your poster boy.

I'll save my money. Overpriced, half height slop crap.

RIP McFarlane Toys you were once the masters but a mere shadow today of your once glory.

When was this? :dunno :lol

They did a few good figures in the distant past like the 12" robocop, but these figures are crap. I actually love the walking dead series and would like to see someone like sideshow do a short run of 1:6 figures. I'd take a rick grimes, shane walsh and a few zombies if sideshow did them.

My biggest problem with McTurdlane is flesh paint.You cant even talk about the sculpts because there is so much ugly paint glopped on. So much would be helped if they use flesh colored plastic. This would make hands and faces 100x better looking. It doesnt make any sense for them NOT to be doing that. But thats my same issue with SS, theres just something about flesh colored paint I hate.

Back