Matt Damon as Captain Kirk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
According to rumors, J.J. Abrams want's Matt Damon to play a young Captain Kirk in the next Star Trek movie. I actually think Damon is a good actor, but I'm not sure if he could fill Shatner's shoes. I'm not even sure I want to see a ST movie about the original crew. And isn't Damon about the same age as Shatner was during the original show? He really wouldn't be playing him that much younger.

I'd trust JJ Abrams with any huge film franchise out there, expecially with a franchise like Star Trek which he is known to be a huge fan of. Whatever he decides will be fine, I'm sure.

Last edited:
If Damon is Kirk then Spock has to be...AFFLECK! Slash fiction writers would cr...well, you know.

I actually liked the last season of Enterprise as they harkened back to early Trek, I'd be in favor of a reboot kind of feature film.

If you're gonna go Kirk without Shatner, you'd better have someone of Matt Damon's level.

Colbert's a bit old but after seeing his "roast" of the Prez at the Correspondant's Dinner on CSPAN I'd watch him do anything.

"You're administration isn't sinking, Mr. President, it's soaring! If anything, you're rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenberg!"

Matt definatley has the look of Kirk but I can't see him getting into the character.

I wish they would make one last Next Generation movie and give closure to the characters. If they wait any longer then the actors will be getting too old.

Having Data die and come back just didn't do it for me as my last glimps of TNG.

I think Damon is a good fit looks wise for Cpt. Kirk. However, no one can act like William Shatner! :rock :bow :wacky

Original Trek is something you cannot remake. Sorry, but I just do not see it working.

im not a star trek fan, but why are they planning on doing the prequel?? why not try to make some new characters and stories?? damon is a good actor and could probably pull it off.

Giant Chicken said:
Matt definatley has the look of Kirk but I can't see him getting into the character.

I wish they would make one last Next Generation movie and give closure to the characters. If they wait any longer then the actors will be getting too old.

Having Data die and come back just didn't do it for me as my last glimps of TNG.

Man do I agree with you here! That last one just sucked as a last one! It wasn't good at all, but as a last TNG one, it sucked!!

I still think they should have done a movie long ago on a follow up on the Dominion Wars.. With Ds9 characters and perhaps some Voyager crew. I always like it when you see characters you already know.. gives it continuity..

btw, Spock is much older than Kirk. When Kirk was young, Spock was ofcourse youger as well but he would not have been that different from his TOS time.. Being Vulcan and all..

Original Trek is something you cannot remake. Sorry, but I just do not see it working.

yeah, but what do you know? Naysayers like you said Hollywood couldn't create entertaining remakes of "I Spy" "Dukes of Hazard" "Scooby Doo" "Starsky & Hutch" or "Bewitched" either.....oh wait, they were right! :lol

ffl1940 said:
yeah, but what do you know? Naysayers like you said Hollywood couldn't create entertaining remakes of "I Spy" "Dukes of Hazard" "Scooby Doo" "Starsky & Hutch" or "Bewitched" either.....oh wait, they were right! :lol

<sigh> the only thing good about the Starsky & Hutch movie [and I LOVED the TV series] was that they kept the car.
Hey Sideshow, how about a series of 1:6 figures from 70's cop shows???

Back